Championship 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I for one am delighted. Another game that actually means something local rather than a trip to Huddersfield, for whom which I know 0 fans.
You boring bastards.

Kinda with you there. I'd prefer Udders as it's closer and stuff...but it'll be good to have a local game. Today does add to my feeling that football is so bent it's beyond help though. Bent refs, pissing about at the back, stupid kick offs, super league ****s......when will we all have enough.

Kinda with you there. I'd prefer Udders as it's closer and stuff...but it'll be good to have a local game. Today does add to my feeling that football is so bent it's beyond help though. Bent refs, pissing about at the back, stupid kick offs, super league ****s......when will we all have enough.
I think if we binned off the Super League teams to the Super League, you'd find it cured a few of those issues in one go.

I’m pretty close to telling the whole thing to eat a dick. Qatar might be the end for me.

Reminds me, I’ve not posted any Qatar stuff lately. Back in a bit.

I’m pretty close to telling the whole thing to eat a dick. Qatar might be the end for me.

When Qatar win the WC I think there might be a rethink from a few people.

Oooh do me a bit of Saudi stuff too would you, that always warms the cockles.

Some on here are obviously too young or summat to remember the days when we played Derby and Forest regularly. They were the fixtures I looked out for when they were released and were eagerly anticipated, perhaps only outshone by a good cup draw against a top 4 team from the prem at home.

I, for one am really looking forward to the 'electric' atmosphere.

Some on here are obviously too young or summat to remember the days when we played Derby and Forest regularly. They were the fixtures I looked out for when they were released and were eagerly anticipated, perhaps only outshone by a good cup draw against a top 4 team from the prem at home.

I, for one am really looking forward to the 'electric' atmosphere.
We didn’t play them that regularly when I was young, as they were in Division 1 and we weren’t. We played Derby more regularly and there was more singing about them, particularly in their Maxwell era, than there was about Forest.

Being from Melton, there were as many Forest fans as there were Leicester fans back then, as they were a more successful side and it’s a pretty similar distance to both cities, but I look at kids around here now and it’s overwhelmingly blue.

Being from Melton, there were as many Forest fans as there were Leicester fans back then, as they were a more successful side and it’s a pretty similar distance to both cities, but I look at kids around here now and it’s overwhelmingly blue.
I’ve thought that about Melton before, you see loads of kids in Leicester gear now. A more than I used to see in Loughborough before I moved five years ago.

Made me laugh after the Rennes game, all the lads in my wife’s class went to it and the next day they were all tired and grumpy but overexcited, like the 8 year old’s version of a hangover.

I’ve thought that about Melton before, you see loads of kids in Leicester gear now. A more than I used to see in Loughborough before I moved five years ago.

Made me laugh after the Rennes game, all the lads in my wife’s class went to it and the next day they were all tired and grumpy but overexcited, like the 8 year old’s version of a hangover.
Definitely. I was a student at Loughborough in the mid/late 90s and it had a similar split feel, although I’m sure that will have changed a fair bit now in the same way.

I’ve got friends who are long standing Forest fans with kids who support Leicester, which is great to see :icon biggrin:

I will add that a long time friend of our family passed away very recently and he’s always been a STH at Forest, through their shit days, as well as their good days. I’m pleased they went up for people like him and his family (who are also Forest fans). Living in a town with divided loyalty means we all take the rough with the smooth and, although there are a fair amount of twats around on both sides, there are many more genuine fans of both who are also friends, so it’s for people like that that I’m happy for.

I’m pleased for the lad whose wedding I was at on Saturday. Cracking weekend for him.

Yep, it’s most definitely right up there with Jesse Owens in the 1936 Olympics and Roger Bannister breaking the four-minute mile.

FFS, it's happening already. Everyone based in the East Midlands needs to prepare for the entire local media wanking themselves off relentlessly about every moment at the Shitty Ground.

I like that. It makes them sound like a non-league side who have defied the odds.

Team wins playoff final they were strong favourites to win, it's like Bostock Stanley all over again lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263