Championship 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should of let the Greedy European clubs go and play their pointless competition, it would of given the leagues an opportunity to have a root and branch reform with wage caps and proper financial fair play, even cap the amount an agent can receive from a transfer paid for by the player.
Football will implode the way its going but as long as the top 4 keep buying £100 million pound players on £400k a week thats all that matters in the medias eye.
I think the perfect summary on this was Florentino "We haven't got any money" Perez then offering 225m or whatever stupid sum it was for Kylian Mbappe.

Charlatans.

I suspect that a fair amount if people may agree with that. The problem, however, is that the "Big 6" wanted to also remain in the Premier League at the same time.
Of course they did they wanted the money from the premier league and from the European super league.
The premier league f.a and all the other bodies shat themselves with the thought of their cash cows taking their business elsewhere.
The premier league is run for the purpose of keeping the big 4 plus Tottenham and Arsenal happy

They are both already utterly irrelevant.

Fairly interesting article in The Athletic about Derby, including this:

Since Friday night’s memo about the coming apocalypse, when Derby announced the club and all the subsidiary companies intended to appoint administrators, The Athletic has been speaking to people with knowledge of the club’s financial position and they have not been very upbeat.The Athletic has been speaking to people with knowledge of the club’s financial position and they have not been very upbeat.

“It’s 50/50 they get liquidated,” said one source, while another said: “I can’t see how they get out of this — they’re ****ed.”

https://theathletic.com/2837909/202...ub-can-it-survive/?source=user_shared_article

Wycombe Chairman;

"People say somebody will come in and buy it because it is Derby," he said. "But how many points will Derby be faced with being deducted this year? More saliently, they are going to be faced with further deductions next year.

"In likelihood you would be buying a League Two team with an accumulated £50m debt. There are only so many people in the world who are out there and willing to do that."

Derby failing on and off the pitch is funny. Derby going out of business isn't funny.

I've never really cared too much about them but I remember what it's like to fear your club going out of business.

So, I guess I hope that someone comes in and helps them to survive and be a piss poor middle of the road nonsense club forever.

Wycombe Chairman;

"People say somebody will come in and buy it because it is Derby," he said. "But how many points will Derby be faced with being deducted this year? More saliently, they are going to be faced with further deductions next year.

"In likelihood you would be buying a League Two team with an accumulated £50m debt. There are only so many people in the world who are out there and willing to do that."
I have to agree. And, if I’m being honest I have sympathy for Forest and Derby. I also have to admit that I would LOVE both of them to be in the Premier League and below us.

The derby games created an atmosphere and animosity that very few other teams can exact on us.

I have to agree. And, if I’m being honest I have sympathy for Forest and Derby. I also have to admit that I would LOVE both of them to be in the Premier League and below us.

The derby games created an atmosphere and animosity that very few other teams can exact on us.

Woah there. Sympathy for Forest?

There is no depth that they could sink to that would make me feel sympathy for them.

Soon Forest will be able to not care about us from League 1.

I hope they get ****ed over royally and get to play in League 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366