Championship 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
They might as well take their medicine all at once, will allow for a fresh start next year rather than worry about having to take a points deduction next season as well. Of course, they should have had the minus 9 last season and gone down then... so they've still got away with it.

I have to agree. And, if I’m being honest I have sympathy for Forest and Derby. I also have to admit that I would LOVE both of them to be in the Premier League and below us.

The derby games created an atmosphere and animosity that very few other teams can exact on us.
I agree, and think those derbies would be good for us too. Big clubs like Liverpool and Chelsea clearly benefit from derbies with smaller clubs like Everton, Arsenal and Tottenham, and we should too. I'd certainly much rather see Forest and Derby in the EPL than baseless clubs we have no relationship to, like Watford or Brighton

WTF is going on here?

We don’t want either of those shithouses anywhere near the Premier League.
Not now, not ever

League One is just about palatable, although League 2 would be simply lovely

Local derbies FFS
Woke health and safety political correctness gone mad

I wouldn’t want to see them go bust, but the lowest league possible would be a preferred solution for me. Let’s save derbies for the occasional cup draw.

Yes. Midlands Regional Alliance. No FA Cup that far down though…
There are a couple of Derbyshire teams in the UCL, so I think that would be a good league for them. They could still enter the FA Cup and there would be plenty of Leicestershire teams for them to face too.

I would like to see Derby play against Coalville Town in the league at some point.

I agree, and think those derbies would be good for us too. Big clubs like Liverpool and Chelsea clearly benefit from derbies with smaller clubs like Everton, Arsenal and Tottenham, and we should too. I'd certainly much rather see Forest and Derby in the EPL than baseless clubs we have no relationship to, like Watford or Brighton
Would Coventry going up be an acceptable compromise?

To some, I grew up near Loughborough so didn't see them in the same light as the closer rivals but someone from the otherside of Leicester would probably say that.

To some, I grew up near Loughborough so didn't see them in the same light as the closer rivals but someone from the otherside of Leicester would probably say that.
Would be delighted for Mark Robins though, he's carved out a very decent managerial career

Yep, same here in Melton. I see them as a West Midlands team.

Yep, same here in Melton. I see them as a West Midlands team.

I originate from the south west of Leicester and I also consider Coventry to be a West Mids side. I've never for a second considered them to be rivals, despite there only being 19 miles between the stadiums (as the crow flies). A full 3 miles less than the distance to Forest.

When Cov won the FA Cup, I can't recall thinking anything much about it. Whenever Forest won any match, I had a burning sense of hatred.

There were two factors I could identify as being key. Firstly, East Midlands news meant it was always Forest this, Forest that, and sometime later on they might make a grudging reference to Leicester. Secondly, there were boys in my school that were born and bred in Leicester but followed Forest. I hated that. I didn't know one person that followed Cov.

It's mostly manufactured by the media. They still refer to every match between us and Wolves or Villa as a "midlands derby" ffs. However I had an arse of a boss from Coventry and had a nightmare trip to Ikea there once, so if they go up I should be able to drum up some hatred

All three are so insignificant it's unbelievable

3 proper tinpot nothing teams.

Quite a lot of the Sky Blue Army live in Burbage (5 I think) and they still wear there 1989 scarves and they are dreaming of Premier League already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757