Post Match Chelsea 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was disappointed with our mentality, Chelsea won that game because we showed no desire to win, we should have been confident and imposed ourselves on the game but we were passive and slovenly.

Chelsea won 'cause they were clearly better'un us. They came at us like a howling gale, **** the subtleties, have at you. We were ****ed before kick-off.

Our only chance was riding it out, hopefully staying in it until they blew themselves out and then maybe getting something out of it. It nearly worked. In the first half, it was working.

If only Perez wasn't shit the game plan would have been almost perfect. The only problem was that we lost our heads for a second after the first half to concede a goal and gave away a very soft penalty. A draw would have been brilliant but it's hard to be too disappointed, seeing as we put up a half decent performance 3 days after one of the biggest occasions in the club's history. It does concern me that we've probably ****ed champions league qualification again and what that means for our future but any real fan of football (not someone with a poster of Messi on their wall and who doesn't watch full matches but "skills compilations" on youtube) will realise we beat Chelsea in the more important match

Last edited:
'floppy haired dick muncher' might not pass muster in diversity training but it is a pretty good expression nonetheless. I'd vote for it in a different competition.

Disappointing but not entirely unexpected.

Perez could have become a legend then but he shown his worth which is not good enough to be where we want to be.

Maddison didn't do much but I think he's still way off fitness.

Tielemans poor and some of the worst corners I've seen - if that was Maddison he would have been called every name under the sun on here.

Thomas showing again he is not yet the required standard we need. Poor to give the corner away, bullied numerous times and not a patch on Chilwells performance unfortunately.

Not sure what Vardy did at all though, I understood starting him for the cup final but he has been way off for a while now.

Need a massive favour from Burnley, Palace or Villa and for us to pick ourselves up from that and beat Spurs.

Cant see it happening myself and wouldn't have been too disappointed with 5th at the start of the season, just incredibly frustrating to miss out on it again right at the final hurdle.

Personally, I can see 2 or 3 leaving in the summer now as we need to balance the books and the wages are unsustainable without CL football.
Agreed although I think Vardy needed rotating this season he will be good to go after a break probably his last season for us?

I think we will move a few on just hope we recruit well in the pre season there are some gems in the lower league, it is our calculated risk that has reaped the rewards, I have noticed clubs like west ham and villa are starting to adopt the same philosophy.

I am definitely glass half full still

He's just an extremely narcissistic little twerp

I never really had him pegged as a villain given his history with the club and what he achieved here. He also seems to be someone concerned with how he’s perceived, so it’s all a bit surprising that it’s gone the way it has.

As it stands he will get absolute pelters from Leicester fans the rest of his career. Love it.

I never really had him pegged as a villain given his history with the club and what he achieved here. He also seems to be someone concerned with how he’s perceived, so it’s all a bit surprising that it’s gone the way it has.

As it stands he will get absolute pelters from Leicester fans the rest of his career. Love it.
Mahrez deserves them too. He has publicly stated that he was desperate to move to ****ing arsenal in 2016/17 and sees the two extra seasons with us as "wasted years". It's all very well if you are a cold, unsentimental careerist psychopath but to state that publicly makes you a complete ****. Especially after all the "Leicester is a big happy family" shite from him after we won the league, after making his career for him by buying him from a shite french team. Twat.

I don't think Mahrez deserves shit from us but I otherwise agree. The 'wasted years' thing I find particularly irksome. It was as much his decision to "waste" them as it might have been ours.

1. He strikes me as pretty immature. He is still a kid really. I don't think he appreciates what we gave him.

2. He appears to be from the Robbie Savage school, in that he thinks going overboard about his current employer will make him popular with them.

3. You can spot these types from a mile away. Maddison and Perez for example would/will be exactly the same.

4. I also think that he suffers from imposter syndrome so he tries too hard. This isn't sustainable so it will be interesting to see how he evolves.

5. I maintain that he's a terrific talent but I don't think he'll fulfill his potential unless he gets very lucky with managers.

Noticeable that at the final whistle Brendan went to congratulate Tuchel with a smile on his face and Tuchel gave him the cold shoulder.
He is arrogant like a few Germans I have met in the past on business.

1. He strikes me as pretty immature. He is still a kid really. I don't think he appreciates what we gave him.

2. He appears to be from the Robbie Savage school, in that he thinks going overboard about his current employer will make him popular with them.

3. You can spot these types from a mile away. Maddison and Perez for example would/will be exactly the same.

4. I also think that he suffers from imposter syndrome so he tries too hard. This isn't sustainable so it will be interesting to see how he evolves.

5. I maintain that he's a terrific talent but I don't think he'll fulfill his potential unless he gets very lucky with managers.

I think that's about right, particularly 1. which obviously leads to the following 4 in one way or another.

Our team would've been better this season with Chilwell in it.

He's still a little twat though, and clearly did something to piss players here off before he left. Fans would boo him for requesting a transfer either way I'm sure, and for his comments about being desperate to beat us, but with how the players (Albrighton, Ricardo) seem to be pissed off at him there must've been something more.

There was a comment the other day - can't remember if it was an interview with Chilwell or something posted on here - about him apparently talking about being excited if he went to Chelsea and got to play alongside Thiago Silva while he was still here. If that's true, I imagine that's the kind of thing that players would be pissed off about. I imagine there being a thing in football where you don't talk at your current club about your dream move and being excited to move onto 'bigger' things, as that would piss off the ones you've 'left behind'. Same in any other profession too...

I don’t think «3.» applies for Maddison, reading what he says about his time in Coventry and Norwich.

but with how the players (Albrighton, Ricardo) seem to be pissed off at him there must've been something more.
That's exactly what I was wondering about. Fans sometimes boo former players, it just the way it is, but for players to start having a go - well, that's something else again.

Players don't, as a rule, share the same animosities as fans. It's a game, it's a job and clubs are employers. In that sense, all players belong to the same club. They know the drill. So I wonder if Chilwell did something to piss of the Leicester fraternity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757