Pre Match Chelsea v Leicester - FA Cup Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel more confident after that 2nd half performance at Old Trafford last night. I would imagine the players do too. We can now clear the table of all things league related and focus on the cup. What happens tonight and Thursday is beyond our control.

So a good few days to plan, rest and train. I think they'll be taking the field Saturday smiling and confident. That's about all you can ask. From there, what will be will be.

Last edited:
No, not literally.
well weakened by a factor of 10 seems apt to describe a side that made 10 changes from its previous game....
so yeah, whilst not entirely accurate, i'd say it's a good literal description

I don't know about the rest of you but I had trouble sleeping last night thinking about the match. I may have to order some of this.
hbb-swatch-dreamy-sleepy-pk.jpg

well weakened by a factor of 10 seems apt to describe a side that made 10 changes from its previous game....
so yeah, whilst not entirely accurate, i'd say it's a good literal description
Would you? In a metaphorical kind of way?

Face paint? Dear god, I despair. What has football become...

Or maybe it's face paint as ritual sacrifice sort of thing.

But I thought it will be shit?
It would be if I had to sit on a bus with a load of weird Filbert fox knitting bores. Then get taken straight into the ground like it was Madrid in the 90's.

I can actually make a nice day of it now.

Over the last 25 years, the 'big six' teams have dominated the FA Cup final. They've won 23 out of 25 between them, with the only exceptions being Portsmouth in 2008 and Wigan in 2013.

Both of the non-big six sides that have won the FA Cup over this period are now League One sides.

Chelsea have been in 10 of the last 25 finals, winning 7 and losing 3. The only non 'big six' opponent to beat Chelsea in an FA Cup final was Sheffield Utd in 1915.

Wigan beat Man City in 2013 but the previous time a non 'big six' side beat a 'big six' side in the final before that was Everton in 1995. It's pretty rare. Before Everton, there were a couple in the 1980s (Coventry and Wimbledon).

Of course, our last three FA Cup finals were all defeats to 'big six' teams.

The FA Cup final is typically the most watched UK match domestically and worldwide with approx. 400 million people tuning in.

No team that isn't in the big 6 has won it since the big 6 became a thing then?

Only 5 of the big six have won the FA Cup in the last 25 years ... emphasising why Spurs should not be include in this ludicrous concept.

So, what you're saying is.... we shouldn't win otherwise we'll be relegated next season??

Sounds like it.

We'd better lose in that case.
Last time we got to the Cup Final, we lost and were relegated the same season. Makes it a difficult choice, doesn't it?

Perhaps we should go for a draw after 90 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester3883
2Leeds Utd3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757