Pre Match Chelsea v Leicester - FA Cup Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I read that Kanté was injured and probably unavailable. Today I read that not only is he available but that he will make the difference. Is this yet another example of there being 2 N'golos?

Reading Tuchel's pre match comments I can't help but think he sees the match as a formality and that they've already won. I hope they show the same arrogance we did against Newcastle and that they did against West Brom.
I read the opposite of that

We'd be all in London tonight hey? Love you lot. I'd be on a table in Leicester Square about now singing about Mark Draper and Stephen Hughes.

We've come a long way baby. Come on you blue boys. Come on you Talking Balls. We can do this..
:058:

Referee: Michael Oliver.
HAssistant Referees: Stuart Burt and Simon Bennett.
Fourth Official: Paul Tierney.
VAR: Chris Kavanagh.
Assistant VAR: Sian Massey-Ellis.

Well VAR is out then, Kavanagh is guaranteed to lose the remote before kick off.

Getting myself stupidly worked about this game. Been waiting for this for 39 years as a City fan.
Told the kids no Xbox from lunchtime as I’m taking over the TV.
Hoping the programme arrives tomorrow.
Crushing disappointment looms by 8pm.

Tough decision for tomorrow...

Seeing mates for the first time in months in a pub garden tomorrow lunchtime. One has then suggested watching the final from his garden. They're all neutrals. But will I get to take in all the prematch and particularly post match (if we win) as much at theirs?

Or I could drive and leave early from the pub to make sure I'm back home in plenty of time to watch it with the pre-match build up, but by myself because my missus has already made it clear that it being a final makes no difference to her interest in football

Hmm...

Seeing mates for the first time in months in a pub garden tomorrow lunchtime. One has then suggested watching the final from his garden. They're all neutrals. But will I get to take in all the prematch and particularly post match (if we win) as much at theirs?

Or I could drive and leave early from the pub to make sure I'm back home in plenty of time to watch it with the pre-match build up, but by myself because my missus has already made it clear that it being a final makes no difference to her interest in football

Hmm...

don’t watch it with no marks.

Getting ready watching this. I’m a little bit excited now. It’s time like this I thank my dad for dragging me along to my first Leicester game. 0-0 with Villa at Filbo in 2000. Fair to say it’s a drug I’ve not been able to kick since then. Thank **** I’m not a plastic ‘big 6’ fan. This means the world to me, how I wish I could be there cheering the Foxes on. Come on you beautiful blue boys, make yourselves the theme of my groom’s speech in August x

Can't sleep. Football eh, bloody hell.

I wish I was going. Not sure how I'll cope watching the tv. This isn't a cup final, this is the cup final.

This might be the only chance we get in my lifetime. Winning the Premier League was not comparable. That was a fantasy. An unanticipated miracle.

Our annual failure in the FA Cup is personal. It's a regular pain I can trace back to my early childhood.

The first FA Cup match I remember being at was the Shrewsbury QF. That was nearly 40 years ago and I turn 50 soon. Like I say, it's personal.

We've had plenty as Leicester fans. Plenty. Is this something that is just not meant to be? What on earth is there left if we win it?

I can't help but focus on the two actual legends that will be out there, Schmeichel and Vardy. Have they got this in them too? If they do this, they have to take their places as our best ever players. We've got some talent but, on days like these, it's legends that you want.

I'm rambling. Goodnight. May the next day be the best of all the days.

This will be the fourth FA Cup Final I have seen Leicester in. I can't really remember the first, I was four at the time but I do remember everyone in the street I lived in wanting Tottenham to win. I didn't like that so from that day on I became a Leicester fan and my really quite irrational loathing of Spurs started.

The final two two years later is one I have a clearer memory of, I remember the tears and everyone saying wasn't it nice that Man. Utd. won after what happened at Munich and getting a clip round the ear for wishing ill of the whole Utd. team as the final whistle went.

I was obsessed for years with Leicester winning the FA Cup as I was the only one in my group of friends who supported a team that had never won it, in those days I viewed it as more important than the league. The 1969 final again reduced me to tears but I thought there'd be other years.

Now my nearly sixty five year old self has seen us win the Premier League and the League Cup, the only one left is the FA Cup, I want to be crying for the right reason tomorrow.

Hmm...
I would watch the game with tour mates, then divorce your wife.

way im approaching today is 'what a privilege' to be in the cup final, at the cup final and among fans after all that has happened in the past year.
it will take a 'down to ten men' spineless 4 goal drubbing to bring me down. and even then id still be happy to have witnessed it.

I'm never happy to lose. I hope, hope, I can get into it as if it isn't just another game. Difficult to do when so far everything has the semblance of 'just another day'. Maybe I should put some face paint on? Or put face paint on the dog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263