Pre Match Chelsea v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm loving the optimism.... as they seem to say these days, courtesy of where, I don't know.

Still a very long way to go in their game against Liverpool, but West Brom taking the lead has the possibility of really taking the edge off this game for both us and Chelsea.

the fact chelsea need to win will play into our hands.

I don't think Evans will make this game so it will be interesting to see how he sets up. They clearly don't like teams defending in numbers and playing on the break, so we should look to do the same again, but make sure we set up to do that.

Schmeichel
Castagne Little Wes Soyuncu Ricardo
Albrighton Ndid Tielemans
Maddison
Iheanacho Vardy

Little note: it was interesting to see that, egged on by the crowd, there were some real sliding tackles and Maddison, Vardy throwing themselves about a bit. Reminded me that we haven't really seen that with no fans in the ground. Definitely from defenders but much more noticeable from midfield and forwards with thousand of fans behind them.
Why Ricardo? Have you not seen him play this season?

We're going to beat them again. Then we're going to absolutely murder and embarrass spurs in front of 8000 fans to finish the season on 72 points. Then they'll lift the FA Cup again with Big Wes and Fuchs finishing their careers with us. Then next season, having finished 2nd or 3rd and with an FA cup we will make some marquee signings and give the champions league a ****ing good go.
Well we made some shit signings after winning the league and gave the Champions League a ****ing good go the next year, so I’m with you on this one mate.

I think they'll hammer us.

We will be hungover and recovering from celebrating the cup win.

Their desire for revenge will be far greater than our desire to beat them again, even with the stakes on the line.

Also he will probably start Chilwell this time, who looked their best player when he came on.

So I think we will lose.

But nothing can take away yesterday.

And then hopefully we focus on beating Spurs.
We wont be hungover. They were back in training today and with the amount of sports scientists we have they’ll be on fine physical shape.

I think our desire to finish top four will match in every way their desire to beat us.

We’ve now beaten this lot twice in two games this season. I didn’t get the narrative going into the Cup Final that we had no chance. I don’t get the narrative that they are invincible under Tuchel. There’s no reason why we can’t get a positive result.

The goal went in on 94:18.
A minimum of 4 minutes were added, and refs rarely blow for full time when they're waiting for a set piece to be taken.
Yes I agree, the timing didn’t stand out for me on this occasion.

thought the offside was fair too, but haven’t seen the Mike Read foul.

A lot of close calls going their way though, the momentum is definitely with them.

great ending to the game. i wish they hadn't scored but what a header by the keeper. fair play.
their first was offside mind...
its becoming apparent that if you're not the title winner (Who always have a run of like 10 wins on the spin) its pretty f*cking hard to close out the top 4! which i think is part of the reason why spurs and arsenal fans are such stressy, bitter supporters. there's such a lot riding on every game and by definition your team isn't consistent enough to be right at the top. Makes every game feel like a must win....

As much as I'm still relishing in the glory of the cup final, I'm already now very excited for this game.

Less nervous than I would've been I think, now more excited. Feels like a bit less pressure than before this weekend. Maybe that will change by Tuesday, but maybe it also helps to have some silverware in the bag and know that if we do miss out again at the last minute, we've still had a very good season.

I want that CL place though...

Feeling nervous about this one already! Lose it and we're probably out of the top 4 going into the final day.

Goal difference will be important too - Us and Liverpool both on +21, Chelsea on +22.

Villa on the final day for Chelsea. Can't see them losing that. Grealish will be careful not to pick up any more knocks before the Euros.

Meanwhile, Spuds will need a draw at least to be sure they get into the Europa.

Head-to-head

• Chelsea are winless in six Premier League fixtures against Leicester (D4, L2). Their 2-0 defeat at King Power Stadium in January was Frank Lampard's final league match as manager of the Blues.
  • Leicester are looking to complete their first league double over Chelsea since 2000-01.
  • The Foxes have only won two of their past 29 away league games against Chelsea: 1-0 in December 2018 and 2-0 in September 2000 (D11, L16).
Chelsea

• The Blues must win their two remaining league matches to be guaranteed Champions League football next season.
  • They are looking to avoid three successive defeats in all competitions for the first time since 2006.
  • Chelsea haven't lost their final home league fixture in any of the previous 18 seasons since a 3-1 defeat against Aston Villa in 2002 (W12, D6).
  • They have kept 18 clean sheets in 26 games under Thomas Tuchel.
  • However, the Blues have conceded the opening goal in their past two Premier League matches, having only done so in one of their first 15 top-flight fixtures under Tuchel.
  • Chelsea have won just two of their seven midweek Premier League games this season, failing to score in four of the other five.
Leicester City

• Victory for Leicester on Tuesday would secure a top-four finish and Champions League qualification.
  • The newly-crowned FA Cup holders have only lost once in their past 13 top-flight away fixtures, winning seven and drawing five.
  • They have earned 38 points away from home this season, the third best record in the division behind the two Manchester clubs.
  • However, Leicester haven't won their final away league game in any of the past six seasons, losing the last four in a row.
  • Leicester are on course to become the first side from outside the established big six to finish in the top five in successive seasons since Everton in 2008 and 2009.
  • A goal for Kelechi Iheanacho on Tuesday would make him the first player in Premier League history to score on all seven days of the week in the same season.

Let's get this thing done tomorrow night.

It would be excellent to confirm CL against these and then we can have a right ****ing party against Spurs and give them a good going over.

Let's get this thing done tomorrow night.

It would be excellent to confirm CL against these and then we can have a right ****ing party against Spurs and give them a good going over.
oh for sure would be great to condemn chelski to the UEFA cup and then a win against Spuds could see us us knock them out of Europe, you can see why they wanted the ESL lol.

One thing's for sure - if we score at least one more goal than Chelsea we will win the match. On the other hand, if we concede one or more goals than them we will lose. There is also the third option of conceding the same number of goals as them which would lead to a draw.

I know I’m as guilty of an inferiority complex for this match as anyone.

But....
-we’ve won 8 games against the “six” this season.
-we’ve not lost in six league games against Chelsea
-We’ve beaten them twice this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861