Choudhury Charged

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read his tweets the other day and wondered whether the FA would do this or not.

On the one hand, his comments are awful. Ignorant, puerile drivel from a complete brain dead twerp.

On the other hand, he was a kid at the time. 15-16 years old. It may be difficult for you to believe, but I was a twat at that age too. In fact, I was every bit as ignorant as Choudhury appears to have been.

I cannot abide the culture of making people accountable for every utterance, every mis-step, in their lives. If we're not allowed to be ignorant or stupid, how do we learn not to be?

Being a twat is a vital part of being a teenager. It's the ones that have it all sorted out at that age that you have to watch.

I'll be fascinated to see how the charge is argued. Are we really going to claim that being stupid before you were ever a professional footballer is somehow bringing the profession into disrepute?

Fecking idiots.

This is the modern world, we don't need no one to tell us what's right or wrong.

what really annoys me about this is there are some serious issues the FA can be dealing with but they waste time with shite like this, tell him to consider attending some diversity classes in a statement then leave it should have been their response

Maybe someone on this forum should have a dig around the past of Arsenal players and then post them on social media to see what reaction we can get from the FA?

I cannot abide the culture of making people accountable for every utterance, every mis-step, in their lives. If we're not allowed to be ignorant or stupid, how do we learn not to be?

I'm inclined to agree. Equally the holier-than-thou calling out that seems to serve more as self aggrandisement or virtue signalling (to use a current 'in' phrase) than rational and constructive critique.

That all said, perhaps it is necessary sometimes to show that the type of comments that Hamza made are unacceptable. People (kids especially) might look to him as a role model so, due to his status, he does get made an example of.

Personally speaking, I dismiss such remarks simply as juvenile stupidity. Misjudged rather than malicious - the sort of stuff we've probably all been guilty of at some point. He's apologised and hopefully realises his stupidity. End of for me. But rightly or wrongly, Choudhury gets judged by different standards.

he was a kid at the time. 15-16 years old. It may be difficult for you to believe, but I was a twat at that age too

I believe it!

Dear oh dear, how on earth has society descended to this all time low level of pitiful snowflakery

Good job social media wasn’t around when I was 15. They’d have locked me up and thrown away the key

Ask yourself this question, if Choudhury wasn’t himself Asian would they have done this?

This is the same fa who have decided to stop champagne celebrations at fa cup finals blaming it on those from different backgrounds. Deliberately stirring the racism hornets nest imo. They lap shit up like tweets from when footballers were kids. Meanwhile being totally ignorant to more important issues.

My local side Gateshead are dead. Fans are setting up a new club because the owner isn't actually the owner (allegedly of course) and the club is allowed to be ran into the ground by someone banned from owning a football club. The FA and conference suits couldn't give a **** about that though.

This is the same fa who have decided to stop champagne celebrations at fa cup finals blaming it on those from different backgrounds. Deliberately stirring the racism hornets nest imo. They lap shit up like tweets from when footballers were kids. Meanwhile being totally ignorant to more important issues.

My local side Gateshead are dead. Fans are setting up a new club because the owner isn't actually the owner (allegedly of course) and the club is allowed to be ran into the ground by someone banned from owning a football club. The FA and conference suits couldn't give a **** about that though.
I was reading about the Gateshead situation earlier. All seems to have gone to shit.

Slight counterpoint:

Clean up your ****ing paper trail. You’re a professional footballer under scrutiny. Takes five minutes to clean up your mess before it gets exposed to the world.

Slight counterpoint:

Clean up your ****ing paper trail. You’re a professional footballer under scrutiny. Takes five minutes to clean up your mess before it gets exposed to the world.

I've often thought this when this kind of stuff comes up. Easy enough to delete a 6 year old tweet innit? Then I remember...Footballer. Thick as pigshit most likely.

But you'd think in this day & age where every aspect of a player's life is micro-managed that clubs would employ someone to check up on this sort of shite?

Is it that easy to delete old tweets? Can’t say I’ve ever tried and wouldn’t want to have to go back through every tweet I’ve ever made to find them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757