Chris Makin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babylon

Town's Coca Cola Championship rivals Leicester City are the latest club to be linked with defender Chris Makin.
Makin rejected a two month contract offer at Town last week, and is now a free agent and according to reports this morning has spent time training with Mickey Adams' squad to prove his fitness after being ruled out for nearly the entire 2003/4 season with a hip problem.
Makin was previously thought to be a target for Bolton Wanderers, but now the Foxes look the most likely to acquire the services of the former Sunderland man who was brought to the club by George Burley.

http://www.ipswichtown-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=164804

Not surprised to see us linked with him.

30 year old full back, can play on the left or right, not really that good, not bad though. better than impey, sinclair, rogers, curtis at full back.

i hate to do the my mate bit but....my mate who is an ipswich fan rates him but says hes out of favour and with recent injury they only offered him small contract...this is the same person who said scowcroft would be a flop and bent is a selfish money grabbin c**t (sour grapes on that one,i think).his situation sounds bit like davidsons here then,though obviously cheaper!!!!!!!!!!

woznotwos said:
i hate to do the my mate bit but....my mate who is an ipswich fan rates him but says hes out of favour and with recent injury they only offered him small contract...this is the same person who said scowcroft would be a flop and bent is a selfish money grabbin c**t (sour grapes on that one,i think).his situation sounds bit like davidsons here then,though obviously cheaper!!!!!!!!!!

Well he was right about scowy. He dont get no floppy wen Mickys around though.

When You're Smiling said:
Oh Right,

we can't afford twenty something players but we can afford this....

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/bengaldetail/0,,10274~537324,00.html?

If they can't afford to turn up, why can't we throw a corner shop eleven together?

Because we want all the leicester asians to come to the tournament. If they didn't come it would cost us alot more in lost revenue from any asians who might have wanted to come.

When You're Smiling said:
Are East Bengal our feeder club?? like Chelsea and PSV??
Yeah, apparently they're selling Curry outside the ground instead of Burgers and Hotdogs next season :roll:

East Bengal cannot be our feeder club.

Didnt Bury sign India's star player once and he was well out of his depth in division 3? :(

Do we not think it might be a business move to generate shirt sales and interest in Leicester City FC in India?! Much like Man Utd do in Asia?!

because of our asian population we have a natural interest through families and so it makes perfect business sense to build upon that and generate income from a source that no one else has tried.

we would naturally invite East Bengal over to maximise the coverage in the Indian media and do a big PR thing of making them feel welcome. Also ticket sales for the game and tournament in general make it a nice little earner as associated sales of drinks/food/TV rights in india mean that the club will not be out of pocket and might even make a few pounds.

I hate friendlies but they are a necessary evil and I'll go to the game just to see the new players and see the score cause I quite like Leicester City.

I would agree that Leicester should reach out to its Asian population and encourage the increase of the ethnic diversity now seen at the walkers, i believe this should be recognised with Mickey wearing a Turban...

No, but I can see the asians in leicester (if you havn't noticed, there are one or two) citing gareth williams or dion dublin as their favourite players.

Jesus christ you lot, can't you see the sense of this east bengal thing and the money it's going to bring in? are you deliberately being blinkered in your views or what?

i believe this should be recognised with Mickey wearing a Turban...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

esus christ you lot, can't you see the sense of this east bengal thing and the money it's going to bring in? are you deliberately being blinkered in your views or what?

Nope I cant see any sense in it whatsoever. Indian is hardly a hotbed of cash like Japan and I dont see why just because of a link up we are gonna seel shirt out there (which would cost about 50p each anyway)

Are all Leicester fans gonna start wearing East Bengal shirts now? No.Exactly.

I would agree that Leicester should reach out to its Asian population and encourage the increase of the ethnic diversity now seen at the walkers, i believe this should be recognised with Mickey wearing a Turban...

Nice to see that small minded comments are still readily available on here. :roll:[/quote]

Dunc said:

Nice to see that small minded comments are still readily available on here. :roll:
[/quote]

Yeh it appears Kilroy may have signed on ere :roll:

You should at least have your season ticket in L1 EE...

I already have my East Bengal shirt and will be sporting my new teams colours in L1 next season, although im open for suggestions for what i should have printed on the back???

Suggestions please.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758