New Contract Christian Fuchs - until 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City defender Christian Fuchs has signed a new contract to keep him at King Power Stadium until June 2019.

The 30-year-old excelled in his debut Premier League season last term with his flawless displays as part of City’s defence and was a key component in their march to the title.

Fuchs made his 45th appearance in a Leicester shirt on Tuesday night as he helped the team keep another clean sheet in a 1-0 UEFA Champions League win over FC Copenhagen – again underlining his importance to the squad.

Speaking to LCFC TV, Fuchs said: “I’m happy. I’m committed to the Club. We had a great last season and we’ve also done well so far this season in the Champions League.

“I’m happy here and I’ve had the best time of my career so far here. My name is the Austrian Fox and now I’m staying with the English Foxes.

“Nobody expected what we achieved so far and I think there’s still a lot to come. We built a good foundation and I think we can aim for more. It’s a lot of fun being here and it’s amazing with the fans. Them and the Club itself just makes me feel so happy to be here.”

18abfWLMRte5a6Sz97ciJoyvzykHl7Zp38d5cv5DDxEBFhg_YkNOTMJznFLbABYRGvbNT-LMor9eT_pvYij6meY_KT5TbP4p0R2t6lw8b6WpUzIZRMMPIYv7hBW0tfiGuVi3LJYRiEfZsHTcJcfkFmg5HHYp8qCgGddSOKs=s0-d-e1-ft

The defender, who chalked up 78 international caps for Austria before retiring as captain in the summer, has impacted Leicester City both on and off the field since his arrival on a free transfer at the start of last season.

As well as his impressive performances on the left side of City’s defence, Fuchs has become a familiar face at a number of the Club’s community initiatives and he has also donated much of his time to being an ambassador for the Club in the USA - where he recently took part in a number of coaching courses with young players.

His efforts to engage with the Blue Army both in person and through social media make him a true fan favourite on the terraces.

Through his social media channels, supporters were given a window into the Club’s title celebrations at Jamie Vardy’s house in May, while on the pitch supporters will not easily forget his incredible pass for the striker’s record-breaking goal against Manchester United last year.

o8IRyxPcYMfbK_TcvwOnJ6jI-qdvnd6-pBa4fzTea1TSTo7NQBSggT-3ft2EDKhnvhmDKTUuIzDYTLn6nHiEiyLhy-41vvQbTSlt8mqsmLUv15GM8dQfyU0aP5oCnHYI5eURBJSK2uBBIr__Vd9t4cR4c8HbGKV0Mp5qP8E=s0-d-e1-ft

Signed on a free transfer after a four-year spell with Schalke in the German Bundesliga, Fuchs brought with him a wealth of experience at the top level, including in the UEFA Champions League.

For the man whose surname in German translates to ‘Fox’, Leicester City has been a perfect fit ever since his first appearance as a substitute in a 4-2 win over Sunderland last August.

And after committing his future to the Club for a further three years, the defender will seek to continue to make a positive impact on the team and the city by building on a truly memorable first 18 months both on and off the field.

In light of his recent form I feel a bit underwhelmed. If Fuchs is first choice until 2019, Chilwell has ****ed up royally. Still, Fuchs has had some fantastic games for us so I won't call for the new generation to step in permanently just yet.

He's 30

He's had a few bad games but considerably better than most in the squad have produced.

He's a great player to have around to pass his experience onto our young understudy.

He's still a ****ing good player.

He's 30

He's had a few bad games but considerably better than most in the squad have produced.

He's a great player to have around to pass his experience onto our young understudy.

Hallelujah

Some people are complete fecktards

He's 30

:038:

He's 30

Agree with all of that

He's 30

Add me to the people who agree with this.

Best left back we've had in donkeys years

Yeah, let's get rid of him, the useless feck

I'm happy to have Fuchs around but I think we will see the phasing in of Chilwell relatively soon. Probably not this season but possibly the next - and I'd be surprised if Fuchs was our first choice in 2018/2019.

Hallelujah

Some people are complete fecktards
As a show commissioner for C5, I left the BBC one thread ago, I believe this encapsulates everything the channel is about.

I'm prepared to offer you three seasons and a fat contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263