Christmas sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox in Sox

Gareth Mcauley was terrific yesterday, well deserving of a starting place, as are both paddy K and Paddy McC. We also have sound centre backs in Kenton and Nissa, and Stearman and Maybury as well.

Most great teams are built from the back, but whilst our back 4 are good, there is nothing built on top of them. I think that paddy Mc is nearly ready for his first suspension for his card on Saturday, and Paddy K will soon be back. All three deserve a starting place.

Nissa has been better at Left back than I expected, but clearly doesnt get forward well, Kenton is only a little better at this. With a weak central midfield, and not enough support from left and right backs it is no wonder that we are overrun in the midfield, and therfore resort to route one, not the strength of our strikers. Why did we persist with the longball to Hume when he was not going to be winning headers? Why is CoG so isolated?, if we are to score by route one the smaller nippier striker needs to pounce on the knockdown, the system that Dickov and Deane worked.

I expect at least one defender to be sold in December, probably Nissa or Maybury, neither very happy, but would probably get more for Kisnorbo.
We should sell one goalkeeper (probably Douglas) and Sylla is also surplus.

I would want to spend the money on a stronger midfielder, Johnson Hughes and Williams are not the answer and we cannot rely on Weso for a full season, having just returned from injury. We also need an attacking left winger and left back. With better service from the midfield I am sure that our strikers will come good.

In the meantime should paddy K have another shot in the midfield? Whilst fans views of him have radically improved with the move to defense, perhaps central midfield would suit him now that he has adjusted to the English game.

He reads the game well, wins headers and controls the ball well, his tackles and passes are generally well timed and combined with a more creative midfielder such as Williams(!!) or Hughes (!!) may be our best option in this position. With McAuley and McCarthy as a solid central partnership he wouldnt be missed too much.

Fox in Sox

Conrad Logan -Irelands number one- but dont tell untill after december window closes...

Don't be surprised if 3 or 4 players don't move on in January unless there is a massive turnaround in our fortunes either on or off the pitch.

Don't be surprised if 3 or 4 players don't move on in January unless there is a massive turnaround in our fortunes either on or off the pitch.

Probably more than that if you include all those who haven't even played in the first team yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669