City 2-2 Man City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought Bamba was great- would suggest that maybe he's better than Morrison, but this is one showing so we'll have to keep watch.

Joe Hart kept them in it, should have won, could have lost. happy with the result, Wellens was man of the match for me cos he looked like he was in the wars today. proud of my team, spot on!

ESPN commentators kept calling Bamba's ability to defend yet gave him MOM award....laughable clown television channel

Again, from BbC.

Att: 31,200
Possession

• Leicester 52%
  • Man City 48%

Attempts on target

• Leicester 10
  • Man City 7

Attempts off target

• Leicester 4
  • Man City 3

Corners

• Leicester 7
  • Man City 7

Fouls

• Leicester 13
  • Man City 14

Last edited:
Watching in the USA this was a fantastic performance - made me proud to be a Leicester fan. So many good performances and no matter how good Bamba's defensive qualities may or may not be he will score or cause us to score a lot of goals from set pieces....to Eastlands !!

Exciting game, probably the fair result, although I think we edged it. We created far more chances than they did.

Well done lads! And welcome Bamba! With delivery like that and him attacking them like in that the Championship, he should get a fair few!

From the Beeb:
Leicester 2-2 Man City
Paul Fletcher reports: "Fair play to Leicester - they fully deserve to take big-spending Manchester City to a replay and on the evidence of Sunday's display only the foolish would rule out a promotion push from Sven-Goran Eriksson's team."

Watching in the USA this was a fantastic performance - made me proud to be a Leicester fan. So many good performances and no matter how good Bamba's defensive qualities may or may not be he will score or cause us to score a lot of goals from set pieces....to Eastlands !!

Agreed. But first to Deepdale!

Over the recent years, we always seem to play really well against premiership teams ( today, Chelsea, Charlton and Spurs in the cups a few seasons ago) and struggle in the Championship.

I thought that Yuke was excellent today. Naughton played well as did Hobbs. Vassell ran his socks off and will score bags of goals in the Championship. We still need someone alongside him ( a la Bothroyd). Great start for Bamba. The ESPN commentator, of Scottish origin but can't remember his name, has seen him plays for Hibs. He thinks that his best position is midfield rather than defence. Also credit to Gallagher.

ESPN commentators kept calling Bamba's ability to defend yet gave him MOM award....laughable clown television channel

He got a disproportionate amount of stick for missing the tackle just before their first goal, but apart from that I thought he did OK defensively.

He won't be facing a £multi-million strikeforce every week in the Championship.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469