City Kick-Off Tour With A Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

gagandeep

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10274~539486,00.html

City Kick-Off Tour With A Win
A brace from Dion Dublin helped City to a 3-2 victory over FC Lavadia of Estonia on Sunday afternoon.

The former Villa striker bagged his two goals in the first half of the contest, with his replacement Tommy Wright adding the third on the hour hark.

The friendly fixture marked the Foxes' first game of a two match tour - with the second game against Finish side FC Espoo on Tuesday night.

Further details from the game, including the thoughts of City boss Micky Adams, will be available from 10:45 GMT on Monday.

City: Coyne, Makin, Elliott (Stearman 46), Heath, Tiatto (Canero 46), Gillespie (O'Grady 60), Nalis (Dawson 80), Williams, Wilcox , Dublin (Wright 46), Scowcroft (Morris 46).

this is interesting,( the line-up)

i can't argue with the defence(makin need to be given a chance)

and also the midfield is what i would like, gillespie is given a chance.

but the attack will now work, it should be scowy for wright.

and also i can see wilcox getting roatated with morris.

scowy should come on when dublin is tired or should rotate with gillespie.

we know have some choice which is something we haven't had in the last promotion season.

also tommy wright is looking good, 2 goals in two.

looking to the new seaon with optimism, eventhough we should not be conceding 2 goals to a team like this.

Hei!

A few Estonian thoughts about todays game - hopefully you do not mind. Went to see the game as I wanted to see what Leeds will face next season (yeah, now this is the perfect time to mock me). So saw the game and have a few things to point out.

1) DD was absolutely brilliant. If he improves his fitness and form even more, then he will surely be a man to watch from you guys. Played a brilliant game and won almost everything there was to win in the air. His first goal was miles offside of course as the assistant referee totally missed the fact that the ball bounced to him from Nilis. Probably the assistant thought that the ball hit a Levadia player. But anyway DD deserved the two goals for the work he put in. He was named Leicester MOM also in the end anh got some kind of prize. As the sponsor of the price is a big and famous Russian chocolate factory, then maybe he got a chocholate bunny or something. :D Probably Adams took it away from DD and gave to Benjamin. More about that later.

2) Your back line was not impressive at all. Levadias young strikers Ats Purje and Vladimir Voskoboinikov did almost anything they wanted. Purje got the ball half way in your half and several times took on 3-4 men and also got a chance to shoot after that, so that is surely a thing your defence has to work on as Levadia seconrd string strikers also (especially Andrus Mitt - who got injured actually) beat the Foxes defence with speed on numerous occasions.

3) Did not notice Jason Wilcox almost at all :S Well, maybe not that puzzling knowing how he played for Leeds last season.

4) Before the second half Levadia made 9 changes, Foxes 6.

5) What are you feeding Trevor Benjamin? REALLY! His weight must be 200 kg! During his first 15 minutes on he was a left winger - lost the ball 4 times, gave one horrible cross (that transformed into a shot that almost hit his side corner flag), 2 totally useless passes to Levadia midfielders and did not beat anyone with speed (but he tried!). I do not know, but it seemed that Adams then sent him to left defence or DML role or something after he had seen enough. Or maybe Benjy was too tired to get forward. Really. I could have been more useful I think. If he gets that DD prize also, then you can forget about him for this season.

6) Micky Adams after the game: "The goal of this tour is to prepare for the season and improve our squads form. Trainings have just begun and a lot of work must still be done." He also added that the result of the games is not important.

7) Gillespie was quite good.

8) FC Levadia is Estonian, not Finnish team. And it is not a shit team by any means.

9) Compared with DD James Scowcroft seemed shite. But he had some nice moves also.

10) Levadia ended the game with 10 men as one player got a red card. The last 10 minutes Foxes were under tremendous pressure (started just after the red card). That is when one goal was scored back and Levadia kept on pushing and had several chances, but failed with finishing. Deserved at least a draw.

11) Was a nice and open game, but Foxes are well out of form, they will surely improve.

Well, what else. Nothing I guess. If you have any questions - remarks, then I'll check back time to time.

Treix said:
Hei!

What are you feeding Trevor Benjamin? REALLY! His weight must be 200 kg! During his first 15 minutes on he was a left winger - lost the ball 4 times, gave one horrible cross (that transformed into a shot that almost hit his side corner flag), 2 totally useless passes to Levadia midfielders and did not beat anyone with speed (but he tried!). I do not know, but it seemed that Adams then sent him to left defence or DML role or something after he had seen enough. Or maybe Benjy was too tired to get forward. Really. I could have been more useful I think. If he gets that DD prize also, then you can forget about him for this season.

Yes -saw the photo of him last week - good to know that he has looked after himself over the summer - just one more season of cash down the pan I believe -thank you Peter ("this is one for the future") Taylor -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757