Confirmed Transfer Claude Puel new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll all give him a chance, and we'll all get behind them on matchday. That's a given - any suggestion that we don't do that can only come from people who do not attend games

Deep down, we all know that this looks like a desperately shit appointment, and we are just hoping and praying that what we know is feck all and that it will all go swimmingly well and prove us wrong yet again, like it has done so many times before. That's the joy of football

But it's still desperately shit

Also, do people really think Mancini or Pellegrini would have guaranteed success? I'd feel more excited at this point in time but I still wouldn't be confident of success.

I do wonder how this has gone down at the training ground with players and staff.

Do you know, I don't give a **** how this has gone down at the training ground? It's not unknown that it is some of the players and perhaps some of the staff who have been disruptive over the past 18 months and have put us in the present position. All power to his elbow in sorting it (them) out and I would urge the club and its supporters to get behind him in this.

Also, do people really think Mancini or Pellegrini would have guaranteed success? I'd feel more excited at this point in time but I still wouldn't be confident of success.

Klopp not finding it easy at Liverpool, and I do not remember anyone on here saying 'Now we are we are going to win the League', when Ranieri was appointed.
Sometimes a Manager just gets the chemistry right with a particular group of players.
MON turning our donkeys into racehorses for instance.

He's here now. All we can do is get behind him. And we will. And we hope it doesn't end in tears. Although, who would've imagined it would have ended that way after what Claudio did for us?

Funny old game.

He's here now. All we can do is get behind him. And we will. And we hope it doesn't end in tears. Although, who would've imagined it would have ended that way after what Claudio did for us?

Funny old game.

Doesn't it always end in tears eventually? Everyone gets sacked eventually...

Who was the last manager that actually got poached from us, rather than leaving because they were sacked?

Off the top of my head I think Megson (certainly no tears when he left!) and that was 10 years ago! Before that? O'Neill?

I like the many promising positive posts on here at the moment. I hope Claude brings some backroom staff with him, just so he doesn't find himself too isolated in what could be difficult situations with some of our current players and or staff. It is encouraging that he will work with MA, who lets face it is also relatively new to the club.
As always only results will count in the long run, but we will hopefully see some improvement in attitude and tactical awareness among the playing squad in the more immediate term.
He is now our new manager and should be given full support from all concerned including us, the fans.
Bon chance Claude.

The first best thing he could do would be to persuade Mahrez that if he wants a big move, he needs to be here until next June so 'big' clubs see a much improved City side playing like we did two years ago,

Doesn't it always end in tears eventually? Everyone gets sacked eventually...

Who was the last manager that actually got poached from us, rather than leaving because they were sacked?

Off the top of my head I think Megson (certainly no tears when he left!) and that was 10 years ago! Before that? O'Neill?
Pearson to Hull

We'll all give him a chance, and we'll all get behind them on matchday. That's a given - any suggestion that we don't do that can only come from people who do not attend games

Deep down, we all know that this looks like a desperately shit appointment, and we are just hoping and praying that what we know is feck all and that it will all go swimmingly well and prove us wrong yet again, like it has done so many times before. That's the joy of football

But it's still desperately shit
Deep down, you aren't speaking on my behalf

“I am not here to change everything at the beginning,” Puel said. “Just now it is to find a good balance and give confidence to the players. That is the most important thing.

“After that, we can build something for the future. It is important to give the opportunities to improve together, build an identity and find again the ambitions for the club.”

So he's planning on a decent start followed by full on meltdown when he tries to change things.

Or play those with talent, skills, ambition and the right attitude, and bench anyone who thinks the size of their paycheck means they have proved themselves previously, so do not have to work or try hard anymore.

Possibly only Fuchs and Vardy come into the 'freeloading' category occasionally.

I do not count Mahrez not always tracking back. how do you expect him to dance around defenders and find the little space just inside the posts if he is constantly doing 50 metre sprints up and down the pitch?

If CP could find a way of playing without the need for Mahrez to track back, that would be awesome.
On an aside, I liked it when we didn't bring everyone back for corners
Was it Stoke when we put 3 on the half way line and you could almost hear the Stoke players wondering what to do?
That's when it is a beautiful game :)

First name escapes me, but Puels assistant manager at Nice, 'Planque', has joined him at City so we now have two assistant managers, can 'appy' speak French?

As you will see from my previous post I have no issues of this appointment. After listening to his interview I am even more excited - I can listen to him late at night and will be able to fall straight asleep. He makes Wenger sound excitng :)

As you will see from my previous post I have no issues of this appointment. After listening to his interview I am even more excited - I can listen to him late at night and will be able to fall straight asleep. He makes Wenger sound excitng :)
Southampton fans called him 'the whisperer', can hear why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757