New Contract Claudio Ranieri - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/20...-city-manager-signs-new-contract-3237288.aspx

Leicester City Football Club is delighted to announce that its First Team Manager, Claudio Ranieri, has signed a new contract with the Premier League champions.

The Italian agrees terms just days before the start of City’s first ever top-flight title defence, having guided the Foxes to the most stunning triumph in Premier League history last season. He has signed a deal until June, 2020.

Leicester City Vice Chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha said: “Twelve months ago, we brought to Leicester City a man whose knowledge and experience, we felt, could lead us into the next phase of our long-term plan. What he would go on to help us achieve, in the time we have achieved it, has been beyond anything we could have anticipated.

“Claudio’s qualities, both as a man and as a coach, have been very clear since the moment he arrived – qualities that have helped Leicester City to progress on every level. We have strong foundations from which to keep moving our Club forward and I’m delighted that Claudio will continue to be part of that journey.”

Claudio Ranieri said: “From the moment I talked to the owners about their vision for Leicester City, I knew it was something I wanted to be part of for a long time. The energy that exists at this Club – from the owners and the staff, to the players and supporters – is something very special. I am very happy and proud that I will be part of it for years to come.

“Last season, that spirit and our hard work helped us to achieve something magical. If we can continue to work hard, maintain our passion and continue to fight with all our hearts, I am sure we can continue to be successful together.”

Claudio has said he wants to retire from here, City would be his last club, so why no compensation clause if Italy or anyone else come calling this season or next?

Have you ever just accepted and been happy with anything, ever?

Yes, including Ranieri being initially appointed.

Now, like Mahrez, he is incredibly valuable to us, in terms of a like-for-like replacement cost, so I do not want some skanky club or country coming along and getting him or Mahrez for 10 marbles and a packet of crisps!

Yes, including Ranieri being initially appointed.

Now, like Mahrez, he is incredibly valuable to us, in terms of a like-for-like replacement cost, so I do not want some skanky club or country coming along and getting him or Mahrez for 10 marbles and a packet of crisps!
But in your previous post you said he wants to retire here? So why is there a risk? Does he have to leave against his wishes in your imaginary scenario?

I want to retire here, but if someone, anyone, offered me £10million a year to work in Italy, I would be on the first plane out of here!

If that person is reading this forum, I'm willing to do whatever it is in Italy for £10 and a bag of beef Monster Munch.
Silvio-Berlusconi_1803453c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758