Claudio Ranieri Appointed Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Fan

Just announced on Twitter.

11737898_10153426339932769_1981212084328921266_n.jpg

Will no doubt get the Blue Mongies excited but its potentially a total disaster of an appointment IMO

Should also be a big enough name to be able to convince Cambiasso to stay, if there is any chance of that happening. That could be our best signing of the season.

Massive positive that he has history with Cambiasso - I think that will have been a big factor in the owners decision. This is a short / medium term appointment and thats all

The bloke has style and loves to get his teams playing football.

Chelski fans love the bloke.

No point in being negative about it really, I certainly have reservations about how this is going to work and there are a few coaches etc in Austria right now who probably haven't got a clue what this means for them.

Does he usually bring in a full back room team or is he a loner?

Could have been a lot worse. Lets just get behind the fella.

LEICESTER CITY CONNECTIONS
Robert Huth:
The Leicester City defender was signed by Ranieri for Chelsea in 2001 and given his first team debut shortly afterwards at the age of just 17.

Steve Walsh: Before his current role as Leicester City’s Assistant Manager and Head of Recruitment, Walsh spent 16 years working for Chelsea as a scout, with four of those during Ranieri’s time at the helm.

Esteban Cambiasso: The Argentine midfielder played for Ranieri in the Internazionale midfield during the Italian’s spell in charge from 2011-2012.

I'm feeling better already.
:)

Massive positive that he has history with Cambiasso - I think that will have been a big factor in the owners decision. This is a short / medium term appointment and thats all

A 3 year one to be precise. I wouldn't call that a short term appointment. If he lasts that long.

Not my first choice, almost certainly not the clubs and a bit sad really that he had to publicly throw his hat into the ring. But now it's done there's only one way to be - we have to back him until at least 5 games in at which point it'll be perfectly acceptable to raise the 'Ranieri Out' banners.

I think this is a step up in tactical ability and in profile. I'm excited to see what happens now.

A safe pair of hands I suppose but not hugely exciting. He doesn't seem to last more than a couple of years wherever he's managed but maybe that's the thinking.

Steady the ship.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

LEICESTER CITY CONNECTIONS
Robert Huth:
The Leicester City defender was signed by Ranieri for Chelsea in 2001 and given his first team debut shortly afterwards at the age of just 17.

Steve Walsh: Before his current role as Leicester City’s Assistant Manager and Head of Recruitment, Walsh spent 16 years working for Chelsea as a scout, with four of those during Ranieri’s time at the helm.

Esteban Cambiasso: The Argentine midfielder played for Ranieri in the Internazionale midfield during the Italian’s spell in charge from 2011-2012.

I'm feeling better already.
:)

This is all really quite super, puts my mind at ease a bit and actually makes this decision look more calculated than I previously thought.

It's all quite exciting if we can keep some of our back room guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4181
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263