Come on Redditch Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

You and I have been critics of MA in the past, and with good reason. However we both have to admit that his dealings in the transfer market have generally been good recently and in the right direction when we get back in the PL.

That being said, I think MA knows enough to get us in the PL but I will only be totally convinced about him once he keeps us in the PL. Until then, keep up the good work Micky. :p :p :wink:

So you have seen the error of your ways :wink: :lol:
Although I have not agreed with some of your points of view in the past some of what you have said has had some substance, I agree that MA still has alot to prove and until he does get us in and keeps us in the prem you can not say he has been a success.
But IMO he is the right man for the job and look forward to the coming season. :D

Naughty Fox said:

What error of my ways. :shock: :p :p :wink:

Steven said:
Naughty Fox said:

What error of my ways. :shock: :p :p :wink:

I appreciate your jest.

We have been right all along.

Its a fact that MA started by bringing in at least one player & toyed with bringing in others who would depress anyone.

Its also true that he has now made some fine signings.

I'm as pleased as anyone about that.

Naughty Fox said:
until he does get us in and keeps us in the prem you can not say he has been a success.

:?: You dont think two promotions in three seasons would of been a success.

Shows how much Leicester fans have changed their expectations and been spoilt with success since the beginning of the o'neil days.

If we went up we still wouldnt of have much money to spend, people need to be realistic as micky isn't a miracle worker.... almost but not quite.

Babylon said:
Naughty Fox said:
until he does get us in and keeps us in the prem you can not say he has been a success.

Shows how much Leicester fans have changed their expectations and been spoilt with success since the beginning of the o'neil days.

If we went up we still wouldnt of have much money to spend, people need to be realistic as micky isn't a miracle worker.... almost but not quite.

Good sense - the likelihood id that any promotion this season would be followed by the bookies making us odds on for immediate relegation.

That's the harsh reality which MA has to contend with and seek to contradict.

Only three post war managers have succeeded in keeping Leicester in the top division for any length of time - Gillies, Bloomfield and O'Neil. There is enough track record by now to suggests that we are a natural yo yo club and any manager who keeps the club in that top division for say 5 or 6 seasons ought to be seen as a top man. None of the three manager above had to contend with near bankruptcy.

Babylon said:
Naughty Fox said:

I know what you are saying, but I will still stand by my comments.
I am one of MA's biggest fans and think he is doing an outstanding job, but every LCFC manager from now on is going to be compared to MON as he showed what could be done with a club of our size. I am very realistic and know what restictions MA is working to, something MON did not have, but to be classed as being successful would mean putting us were we want and need to be, in the prem.
Gillies, Bloomfield and O'Neil are classed as 'successful' at LCFC for what they achieved, but how many others would you class as successful? I think that Little did a great job whilst he was here and in a way set the foundations for MON, but is he is not talked about as successfull un-yet he got us to the play-offs three times and got us promoted.
All other teams are the same, albeit that there targets are different, we are a yo-yo club so surely to be successful would be to break that mould, it does not mean that MA is not a great manager
Thats how I see it anyway and will shut the f*ck up now.

Naughty Fox said:
Babylon said:
Naughty Fox said:

I know what you are saying, but I will still stand by my comments.
I am one of MA's biggest fans and think he is doing an outstanding job, but every LCFC manager from now on is going to be compared to MON as he showed what could be done with a club of our size. I am very realistic and know what restictions MA is working to, something MON did not have, but to be classed as being successful would mean putting us were we want and need to be, in the prem.
Gillies, Bloomfield and O'Neil are classed as 'successful' at LCFC for what they achieved, but how many others would you class as successful? I think that Little did a great job whilst he was here and in a way set the foundations for MON, but is he is not talked about as successfull un-yet he got us to the play-offs three times and got us promoted.
All other teams are the same, albeit that there targets are different, we are a yo-yo club so surely to be successful would be to break that mould, it does not mean that MA is not a great manager
Thats how I see it anyway and will shut the f*ck up now.

You have a valid point, do say it. :shock: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758