Ndidi
Bertrand

Tielemans
Soumare
Maddison

Barnes
Vardy
Perez

I just don’t see Amartey, Benkovic or Nelson starting in a back four. I also don’t think Rodgers will want to change the shape.

Though I doubt he’d line up this open against Man City if points were on the line.

Soyuncu is now the most important player in the squad. I’d be tempted to leave him out.

Frustratingly after using a back 4 all pre-season, we might be forced into a back 5 to cover the weakness.

I think its either Amartey and Bertrand into a back 3, or Ndidi moves back

Benkovic is less likely to start than me.

He looks like he's won a competition.
But… but he looked so good in the SPL….?

But… but he looked so good in the SPL….?
Genuinely think we should just send him back there permanently tbh, for his own sake

i think 4231

schmeichel
Ricardo Amartey Soyuncu Bertrand
Ndidi Soumare
Maddison Tielemans Barnes
Vardy

Don't play anyone important in this game, unless they really need the minutes, is my view.

Free tcikets being offered by people who won them in a comp if anyone is interested

Don't play anyone important in this game, unless they really need the minutes, is my view.
i think that would be wrong. its the hallmark season opener for the two biggest cup winners in domestic football. - a celebration of grassroots football across the UK. if we dont want to win it we shouldnt play in it.

i think that would be wrong. its the hallmark season opener for the two biggest cup winners in domestic football. - a celebration of grassroots football across the UK. if we dont want to win it we shouldnt play in it.
You are entitled to feel like that, I just think differently. It's a glorified friendly and last night's injury to Fofana just shows how fast things can change. I just would rather not risk anyone in a game that effectively counts for very little. I doubt it'll happen, just saying how I see it.

You are entitled to feel like that, I just think differently. It's a glorified friendly and last night's injury to Fofana just shows how fast things can change. I just would rather not risk anyone in a game that effectively counts for very little. I doubt it'll happen, just saying how I see it.
“Glorified”

Rodgers said in the pre-match presser that we are light at centre back and need to look at it, but Benkovic has done well in pre-season.

So it sounds like he could be the one for Saturday.

It's been going for years, usually but not always between the League and FA Cup winners. It's not a 'proper' trophy but it has something. People watch it.

More importantly, I'd think that the squad and management regard it as a dress rehearsal. I'd expect something very similar to how we'll line up in our first league game.

Did anyone else watching on YouTube last night notice that the lad on commentary said the 5-2 at Man City last year was the opening game? How hard would that have been to look up?

Likely side: Schmeichel, Ricardo Benkovic Soyuncu Bertrand, Ndidi Tielemans, Perez Maddison Barnes, Vardy. Subs: Ward, Amartey, Soumare, Thomas, Iheanacho, Albrighton, Daka

We have five players unavailable due to injury: Castagne, Evans, Fofana, Justin, Mendy

With us going back to seven subs, that leaves the following not included: Jakupovic, Nelson, Choudhury, Praet, Ghezzal, Dewsbury-Hall, Sowah. Notable that we can't get Dewsbury-Hall onto the bench even with the injuries and players still to be signed.

We already have too many players for our PL and EL squad lists. We definitely need at least one more CB (two if Evans is fecked) and one RW so need to move on most of those in bold. I think the next few weeks are going to be very busy sorting the squad out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757