Community Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do find the general concern here rather surprising. Does this mean that many of you are also choosing to not go to our matches, i.e. Wolves in three weeks time?

The evidence I've seen from all the outdoor pilot events is that you have an approximate risk of 1 in 3,400 attending a game. So for a 32k attendance at the KP, you'd expect there to be 10 positive cases attributed to it.

That sort of risk is not going to go away. Possibly ever. Covid will be around and it will infect people. To me, the odds are sufficiently low as to cause me no real concern. I would also maintain that the 10 people infected at a typical match at the KP would likely to be doing something to increase their risk, which I wouldn't do. For example, I have no interest in hanging around in concourses or letting anyone scream into my face constantly for 15 mins. Unlike homer, I also have no interest in hanging around in the toilets.

If you're sensible, have been fully vaccinated and have no increased risk factors, just go and enjoy the match.
1. 90,000 as opposed to 32, 000
2. TfL rather than my own car
3. The ridiculousness you have to enter and exit Wembley like herded sheep.
4. Many, many more bellends than on a normal Saturday game.
5. Virtually no pilots or studies at football games with anything like as many fans in attendance.

It's a very difference scenario.

1. 90,000 as opposed to 32, 000
2. TfL rather than my own car
3. The ridiculousness you have to enter and exit Wembley like herded sheep.
4. Many, many more bellends than on a normal Saturday game.
5. Virtually no pilots or studies at football games with anything like as many fans in attendance.

It's a very difference scenario.

Fair enough, everyone has to have their own standards I guess. To me, they read more like excuses than reasons though. The science currently says that, if you attend 25 matches a season, you will get infected once every 136 years.

I just can't be arsed with going. Covid has made me less likely to go because of the lateness and faff, but not because of any risk to my health.

I haven't had both jabs yet, so that's part of it for me.

Plus general 'reopening nerves' I guess. It's still very prevalent, and I want to know for a bit longer that the vaccine really does break the link to being seriously ill when the numbers are going up so much.

But a football stadium is probably the last place I'd want to be during this

Fair enough, everyone has to have their own standards I guess. To me, they read more like excuses than reasons though. The science currently says that, if you attend 25 matches a season, you will get infected once every 136 years.

I just can't be arsed with going. Covid has made me less likely to go because of the lateness and faff, but not because of any risk to my health.
The science doesn't say that.

But you are right. Every person needs to have their own level of acceptance.

[[citation needed]]

From the test events 58,000 completed pre and post tests and 38 were positive - 17 of these are assumed to have picked up the positive test from their attendance at the event. 58,000 / 17 = 3,412. This is obviously a worst case scenario as some would have picked it up travelling to/from the event or elsewhere.

Given that these tests were undertaken when the vaccination rates were much lower than now, I'm interpreting this is the worst case scenario for someone fully vaccinated. I'm also interpreting this as a mix of sensible and idiotic behaviour so being sensible would reduce the risk further too.

https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n1658

All in all, not quite as unlikely as City winning the PL in 15/16 but not far off.

From the test events 58,000 completed pre and post tests and 38 were positive - 17 of these are assumed to have picked up the positive test from their attendance at the event. 58,000 / 17 = 3,412. This is obviously a worst case scenario as some would have picked it up travelling to/from the event or elsewhere.

Given that these tests were undertaken when the vaccination rates were much lower than now, I'm interpreting this is the worst case scenario for someone fully vaccinated. I'm also interpreting this as a mix of sensible and idiotic behaviour so being sensible would reduce the risk further too.

All in all, not quite as unlikely as City winning the PL in 15/16 but not far off.
This can't be user as a catch all. It is merely an indicator and not a particularly reliable one, either.

"Results were compromised by the low uptake of PCR testing. Coupled with the inaccuracy of lateral flow tests, these results provide little confidence that the larger events associated with the third phase of the ERP [Events Research Programme] will provide any meaningful data".

It won't because it would be extremely difficult to draw any meaningful conclusions from what will be a tiny (comparatively speaking) sample.

People were tested before those test events, and weren't allowed in if they tested positive.

So your argument only works if that will continue. Which it won't.

The only way to test the chance of transmission at a football match would be to test everyone before they attend, and let them in even if they test positive. Then test everyone a few days later.

This can't be user as a catch all. It is merely an indicator and not a particularly reliable one, either.

Well obviously. But I would argue that you shouldn't avoid events without any evidence that they are not safe.

Yes, the study from the test events here is a relatively small one but there have been equivalent events all over the world and I've seen nothing to support your fear of attending outdoor events.

With Covid, I play the odds. Initially, you hide away as much as possible because we don't know what we are facing. We didn't do this very well as a country but I did. Then as information emerges, you take appropriate steps like getting vaccinated at the earliest opportunity, wearing masks indoors, etc. Eventually, when it makes sense, you get on with your life.

There is just nothing I've seen to suggest that going to Wembley or the KP is something to worry about.

Looking at the current virus rates in the population and r number you could conclude that there are likely to be around 500 infected people at the CS with a probability of infecting one person each whilst they are infected. Obviously there are associated risks with public transport, pubs etc. It's personal choice if you go or not.

Well obviously. But I would argue that you shouldn't avoid events without any evidence that they are not safe.

Yes, the study from the test events here is a relatively small one but there have been equivalent events all over the world and I've seen nothing to support your fear of attending outdoor events.
We should also be wary of attending events without any real evidence that they are safe.

None of the tests conducted anywhere are even close to being able to make any valid claims about safety. The sample sizes are all far too small, don't pre-test enough, don't have all participants post testing, don't take into account the journey to and from the venue.... I could go on.

Each to their own, but putting numbers on the risk of infection based on spurious evidence isn't a safe or helpful piece of advice.

CONDITIONS OF ENTRY

For all supporters aged 11 and over, entry to Wembley Stadium on matchday is dependent on providing one of the below upon arrival:

- A negative COVID-19 Lateral Flow Device (LFD) test result from the previous 48 hours via text message, email from NHS Test and Trace or the NHS Covid Pass on the NHS app (supporters aged 11 and over) or;
- Proof of full vaccination at least 14 days prior to the match via the NHS COVID Pass on the NHS app or the English vaccination letter (supporters aged over 18 only).

Please note that vaccination cards will not be accepted and supporters under the age of 11 are not required to present a negative test.

The LFD test must be taken no more than 48 hours before entry to Wembley Stadium. For clarity, the LFD test can take place from 2.15pm onwards on Thursday 5 August.

The negative LFD test result will be checked on arrival by Wembley Stadium stewards at the outer security perimeter via the NHS email or text confirmation received to your phone. A negative result will allow entry to the stadium’s outer concourse.

For information on where to obtain your free LFD test, please visit the Government’s website here.

Face masks are not required to be worn inside the stadium bowl for this fixture, however it is recommended that they are worn upon entry to the stadium and while moving around the concourses.

TICKET PRICES

CATEGORYADULT PRICECONCESSION PRICE
Category 1£45£35
Category 2£35£25
Category 3£25£15
Category 4£20£10
Wheelchair spaces£20£10
Wheelchair Personal AssistantFREEFREE
Ambulant Tickets£20£10
Ambulant Personal Assistant FREEFREE

Please note:

- Children under the age of 14 MUST be accompanied by an adult
- No children under the age of 2 are permitted

SALE DATES

Tickets will go on sale to all Season Ticket Holders from 10am on Wednesday 28 July.

Tickets will go on sale to Fox Members from Friday 30 July at 8am, with sales criteria to be confirmed on Thursday 29 July.

Tickets will be sold on a one per Season Ticket Holder/Fox Member basis.

HOW TO PURCHASE

All tickets are strictly available online at lcfc.com/tickets.

Please note all ticket sales are online only and there will be no sales over the phone or in the Foxes Fanstore. Transaction fees apply for all ticket purchases. Please click here for more information.

TRAVEL INFORMATION

For supporters who wish to travel from Leicester to Wembley Stadium by coach, the Club will be providing a limited number of Fox Travel coaches that will depart King Power Stadium from 11am on the day of the fixture.

Coach travel will be priced at £24 per person, with Coaches 3 and 4 the designated accessible coaches for supporters with a disability.

The deadline for booking your place on one of the Fox Travel coaches is 10am on Monday 2 August. To book, visit lcfc.com/tickets.

Faces masks are not a requirement for travel, but the Football Club recommends they are worn while on the coaches.

Going to be a low turnout me thinks

Going to be a low turnout me thinks
Almost 600 people turned out for the 2 parkruns in the city on Saturday and plenty of people are just getting on with things now, the turnout may be surprising.

The tickets seem cheaper than five years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757