Community Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
10k tickets still available in the Leicester end from the 26.5k allocation.
I'm not surprised. We struggled to sell all the tickets in 2016 and nowhere near as many people will want to go this time.

I'm still trying to decide whether to get one. Not sure I'll be fit enough to travel that far by the weekend. I spent several days in hospital last week and I've not yet recovered from the food.

I'm not surprised. We struggled to sell all the tickets in 2016 and nowhere near as many people will want to go this time.

I'm still trying to decide whether to get one. Not sure I'll be fit enough to travel that far by the weekend. I spent several days in hospital last week and I've not yet recovered from the food.

Don't be a fool man, rest up. Hope you're on the mend.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you are recovering well?

Do you need anything?

I'm OK, just a bit of discomfort at the moment.

I'm just not sure I want to risk driving 300 miles to London, then find I'm not up to driving home again.

I was looking at an overnight bus....don't have to drive one of them. I've got 2 days of going into the office this week so people can see my face so will probably not be ok to go anyway. I've got a few free bets on some shergars tomorrow, if they win I'll book it but otherwise not worth risking pissing the monkey away.

It won't sell out because of the farcical way they handle general sale tickets.

My mate wanted to buy three tickets to the friendly this Wednesday for his son and dad but couldn't because its 1 per person despite being on general sale.

No info on how to do it, you can't link non member accounts. Was he supposed to buy all three separately?

The club is a joke when it comes to ticket sales.

My mate wanted to buy three tickets to the friendly this Wednesday for his son and dad but couldn't because its 1 per person despite being on general sale.

No info on how to do it, you can't link non member accounts. Was he supposed to buy all three separately?

They've been promoting this ticket exchange as a benefit to STH this year - I have a feeling they did the same in 2019-20, but never launched it.

This year with all the rearrangements of weddings, holidays and general other events, I already know I'm not going to make a few games - so I'll be holding them to offer me some kind of a ticket exchange option as promised.

I don't know why is so hard. Villa have had a system for that for probably 10 years.

I asked to change my ST seat for a paper ticket to give to a friend as I can’t make the opening game. (As I have done in the past). I was told that only the season ticket holder can use the seat ( due to covid policies). However, if the game sells out then they may buy my ticket back (for 1/19th of the ST price) so they can sell it on.

I asked to change my ST seat for a paper ticket to give to a friend as I can’t make the opening game. (As I have done in the past). I was told that only the season ticket holder can use the seat ( due to covid policies). However, if the game sells out then they may buy my ticket back (for 1/19th of the ST price) so they can sell it on.
Just give the ST to your mate. They are taking the piss with the lack of provisions.

It really is a joke. They have no intent on getting people into the ground who may then become customers moving forwards.

They could have sold thousands more for this friendly but instead they will have lots of blue seats.

So you can't let your friend have your seat due to Covid policy but the club can sell it to someone else, is it a new strain of Covid that only affects season ticket holders..

So you can't let your friend have your seat due to Covid policy but the club can sell it to someone else, is it a new strain of Covid that only affects season ticket holders..
It's a new strain of incompetence.

I’m happy to ‘buy’ a couple of tickets for a weekend game if anyone can’t make it and drop the tickets back afterwards if anyone wants to?

No way I can make anything but a handful of games due to family and living in London, but I love to get to 2 or 3 home games a season with my nine year old.

I had exactly the same problem for this week's VillaReal friendly. As a season ticket holder myself, I wanted to take one of my grandsons aged 10. I couldn't buy tickets for both of us when they were on sale to season ticket holders but I thought I'd be ok to do so when they went on general sale.

As you say, it's impossible to do it. I had to buy him a ticket through my link to my son's (not the boy's father) season ticket who is away on holiday. Bloody annoying. I only hope they don't refuse to let him in because he has an adult ticket in someone else's name. Cost me £12.50 instead of 5 quid too.

Where is the encouragement to get new fans?

I had exactly the same problem for this week's VillaReal friendly. As a season ticket holder myself, I wanted to take one of my grandsons aged 10. I couldn't buy tickets for both of us when they were on sale to season ticket holders but I thought I'd be ok to do so when they went on general sale.

As you say, it's impossible to do it. I had to buy him a ticket through my link to my son's (not the boy's father) season ticket who is away on holiday. Bloody annoying. I only hope they don't refuse to let him in because he has an adult ticket in someone else's name. Cost me £12.50 instead of 5 quid too.

Where is the encouragement to get new fans?
It really is not fit for purpose.

It's 2021 and this side of the clubs operation is badly lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757