Computer Probelms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazzman

Yesterday, my cpu started acting weirdly. Norton Internet Security 2003 seems to have been taken over and I cant access the user account to change all the settings. Because of this for some reason my internet browser are being offline for starters and MSN is not working because of it.

I used Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool - Feb 2007 and it found something but couldnt delete it. I have scanned with Spybot and Ad-Aware and even Ewido, all found stuff but not this probelm.

Could anyone advise on some really good anti-virus free gear or a remover.

My comp won't turn on....it just makes a funny beeping noise :frown::frown::frown:

A trip to Pcworld is in order.........sadly:mad::mad::mad:

The probelms are pesisting despite. The forementioned anti-virus found a couple of trojans. The sticking point is Norton Internet Security which has had its setting changed, I cant log in to change these setting back as administrator. NIS has blocked me from entering MSN and it seems the trojan doesnt like secure sites.

Can you not uninstall & reinstall Norton?

You could try getting Norton File Remover from the Symantec site - that should uninstall it for you even if the program is "locked".

It will also remove any other Norton products while it's at it., so if you have anything else like systemworks you will have to reinstall that as well.

Last edited:
Yesterday, my cpu started acting weirdly. Norton Internet Security 2003 seems to have been taken over and I cant access the user account to change all the settings. Because of this for some reason my internet browser are being offline for starters and MSN is not working because of it.

I used Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool - Feb 2007 and it found something but couldnt delete it. I have scanned with Spybot and Ad-Aware and even Ewido, all found stuff but not this probelm.

Could anyone advise on some really good anti-virus free gear or a remover.

You could try getting Norton File Remover from the Symantec site - that should uninstall it for you even if the program is "locked".

It will also remove any other Norton products while it's at it., so if you have anything else like systemworks you will have to reinstall that as well.

Seconded.

I had a mare a couple of years ago with a laptop that had it preinstalled after much fighting with it trying to uninstall I had to resort to using Norton File Remover but it got rid of it though.

The version of Norton that you have already has anti-virus software built into it hazz so don't go installing AVG, or any other anti-virus apps, as you could potentially cause even more damage.

If you have installed any other anti-virus uninstall them before running Norton file remover.

Seconded.

I had a mare a couple of years ago with a laptop that had it preinstalled after much fighting with it trying to uninstall I had to resort to using Norton File Remover but it got rid of it though.

The version of Norton that you have already has anti-virus software built into it hazz so don't go installing AVG, or any other anti-virus apps, as you could potentially cause even more damage.

If you have installed any other anti-virus uninstall them before running Norton file remover.

But should I replace the Norton with AVG after?!?

My comp won't turn on....it just makes a funny beeping noise :frown::frown::frown:

A trip to Pcworld is in order.........sadly:mad::mad::mad:

How many beeps??

Normally the number of beeps is related to a particular fault, this will depend on the manufacturer of the board and/or BIOS. before you take it to PCW, can I suggest that you open up the PC and remove and reseat each of the cards, ie graphics card (if there is one, network card, modem card, in turn as well as the memory. you may find that this will be enough to resurect your PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669