Confirmed Transfer Congerton to Atalanta

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve done this. I’m not typing out why he isn’t responsible for most of these again.
Well, that's not true as a statement. He's as responsible as the rest of the recruitment team for most if not all of them.

I think he's always been a get out clause for the club making shit decisions but he's been nothing like as horrendous as is being made out and certainly no worse than any other head recruitment we've seen at any other club over the past few years.

On paper, Soumare and Daka looked very good signings. Fofana, Castagne and Justin have been exceptional. Okay, I won't give him Tielemans but he did get the deal done on his watch. I also got the Perez signing. He was very good at Newcastle but we overpaid for him and he's been disappointing. I would also argue that the Lookman signing has, overall, been a good one for us in our current situation. Panic buys like Vestergaard (who was excellent for Southampton last season by the way) and Bertrand have not worked out. Bertrand has been ****ing hideous but the vast majority of posters on here were happy with this when it happened.

He's bought some shit and some talent. We could do better, we could have done worse. Move on.

I think it worth noting that some of those signings were made in desperation, and probably not because the recruitment team recommended them, we just took whoever was cheap enough and/or available (Bennett, Under, Vestergaard, Lookman)

Also I get the feeling we rarely get the players at the top of the lists. Of course we only have media leaks to go by, but when you consider who we get strongly linked to in windows, and then who we actually end up with, and how much we spend, it is clear our budget doesn't match our ambitions.

I'm not saying Congerton was good, just that changing him isn't likely to change the above problems with our transfer policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566