Congratulations Harvey Barnes - in the England squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very richly deserved, and in a position where England do not have a shortage right now either.

Glad for Barnes as he has been excellent so far this season.
Let's hope that plank Southgate doesn't flog Barnes in both games so he can rest Spuds players as Mourinho has suggested.

Well done Harvey, very deserved after his start to the season.

I really hope he can push on this year.

I'd liken him to Raheem Sterling's development - Sterling had great dribbling and movement but struggled with finishing. Barnes is very similar in that respect. Does everything right except for the technical ability of finishing. If he can get that right, he'll be a very good player.

He's certainly improved that way so far this season it seems. And of course Brendan played a big part in Sterling's development.

Percy reporting we are set to give him a new contract too

I was going to post something sarcastic suggesting that we'll be giving a bumper new contract as a result. After all, we give out new contracts like smarties.

However, it appears as though we're only paying him £10k a week as it stands. So it is probably in order.

I was going to post something sarcastic suggesting that we'll be giving a bumper new contract as a result. After all, we give out new contracts like smarties.

However, it appears as though we're only paying him £10k a week as it stands. So it is probably in order.
I though he got one since we recalled him from WBA so would have assumed he's on more then that already, for his role in our side he should probably be in the £60k a week range

I though he got one since we recalled him from WBA so would have assumed he's on more then that already, for his role in our side he should probably be in the £60k a week range

He signed a new 5 year deal last summer. Spotrac say:

Harvey Barnes signed a 5 year / £2,600,000 contract with the Leicester City, including an annual average salary of £520,000. In 2020, Barnes will earn a base salary of £520,000, while carrying a cap hit of £520,000.

I was just thinking ahead of the announcement how there would be a clamour for him to be in the squad if he was at Chelsea or Man U. So that shows me then. Well deserved, he really is a brilliant prospect.

he’s long overdue to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758