Connolly left without agreeing terms!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Sun reporting this morning that Connolly left Leicester yesterday with agreeing terms and that Scumderland are now favourites for his signature. :cry:

Huge dissapointment, not really a surprise though, he was never coming here when Sunderland were involved.

Suppose McCarthy and Connelly know each other from Ireland days so MA had that against him.

Hope the posts from yesterday are proved right (ie Conners will sign today for us) but its looking less likely. However, this is out of The Sun so who knows the real truth!

It is not unusual for transfer deals to fall through at the last minute a couple of years a go we were 95% of the way to signing duberry and hartson but both deals fell through at the 11th hour.

i'm just hoping that this won't happen with Connerly and that MB is right!!!

:( Can you confirm anything MB?

I was looking forward to see Connolly play at Barnsley tomorrow. Arse.

West Ham affiliated friend told me Connelly was "over the moon" when told that Sunderland had bidded for him and went up there yesterday. Looks bad...

Never believe a word the Sun says,if he signs then great if he doesn't then we will get someone else,after all he isn't that good that he should hold us to ransom.

highland fox said:
Never believe a word the Sun says,if he signs then great if he doesn't then we will get someone else,after all he isn't that good that he should hold us to ransom.

I said in an earlier thread i dont think Micky is a manger to be rogered over a barrel by a player or his agent.
Either the guy wants to play for us or he doesn't simple.

If he doesn't then we will have to start searching again, annoying as the season is drawing ever closer and he is a snip at £500K.

Any ideas if it does fall through? I can only think of Freedman or maybe an unknown Johnny foreigner! Or we could be cheeky and offer forest £500K for Johnson...ho...ho...ho

highland fox said:
after all he isn't that good that he should hold us to ransom.
Very true. He had a spell with us and to be perfectly honest, I wasn't that impressed with him. However a change of club sometimes brings out the best in some players. :roll: :wink:

LS6_Fox said:
:( Can you confirm anything MB?

I was looking forward to see Connolly play at Barnsley tomorrow. Arse.

My info is that he`s in Leicester now and will sign today ! "The Sun" come on lads really !!!

Dorkwolf said:
highland fox said:
after all he isn't that good that he should hold us to ransom.
Very true. He had a spell with us and to be perfectly honest, I wasn't that impressed with him. However a change of club sometimes brings out the best in some players. :roll: :wink:
Agreed Dorky, look at the work Micky and Cork did with Dickov, If we are lucky in a couple of years time we could sell him for £100,000 :wink:

LS6_Fox said:
mad biker said:
My info is that he`s in Leicester now and will sign today ! "The Sun" come on lads really !!!

If you're right, I owe you a beer! 8)

No beer for me then, just heard he`ll sign Monday now ! still, I`m water total anyway :lol:

Do you think the deal will go through? I think he'd be a cracking signing for us, fingers crossed eh.

Come on Connolly sign today, it'll make the weekend that bit more enjoyable!!

Hopefully he'll sign,but if it went tits-up then I'd be interested to see what Tranmere want for Ian Hume,just a thought.If they wanted silly money then no go but Little might take Benjamin or some one as part ex.I've always rated Hume,I know he's unproven at this level but well worth a gamble in my mind.

My mate`s pretty sure he`ll sign, but if the Marcus Bent affair has tought us anything it`s that NOTHING is certain, agents are the problem nowaday`s selfish, greedy bar stewards the lot of em !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757