Connolly Poised To Sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

As a friend of mine 'Durham Fox' posted for me earlier this week confirming a deal was all but done for David Connolly, I can 99.9% say this will definatley be completed Wednesday/Thursday this week. An amount of roughly £425,000 has been agreed along with a 2 year contract.

The Kevin Cambell situtation is dying off, an agreement had been made with both the player and the club, but it appears that Kevin would prefer to stay in the North West of the country.

As many of you know, I am a friend of Tim Davies and this is where the information has come from.

Many of you will presume that I have just 'beefed up' the News Of The Worlds story on this, but I did break the story on Thursday that he would definately be signing soon, some 4 days prior to the News Of The World being printed.

The £1m Harewood story in the NOTW is absolute bull shite, and i can say that he will definately not be joining the club.

Nottingham Fox said:
As a friend of mine 'Durham Fox' posted for me earlier this week confirming a deal was all but done for David Connolly, I can 99.9% say this will definatley be completed Wednesday/Thursday this week. An amount of roughly £425,000 has been agreed along with a 2 year contract.

The Kevin Cambell situtation is dying off, an agreement had been made with both the player and the club, but it appears that Kevin would prefer to stay in the North West of the country.

As many of you know, I am a friend of Tim Davies and this is where the information has come from.

Many of you will presume that I have just 'beefed up' the News Of The Worlds story on this, but I did break the story on Thursday that he would definately be signing soon, some 4 days prior to the News Of The World being printed.

The £1m Harewood story in the NOTW is absolute bull shite, and i can say that he will definately not be joining the club.

cheers mate hope it's true

not sure about this signing. i know the guy scores goals but his temperament appears to be somewhat questionable. i suppose that puts dublin and connoly as our starting strikeforce which for the first division should be quite prolific.

Micky said:
not sure about this signing. i know the guy scores goals but his temperament appears to be somewhat questionable. i suppose that puts dublin and connoly as our starting strikeforce which for the first division should be quite prolific.

I think he was only being a little difficult at West Ham when playing second fiddle to that idiot they got on loan from the scouse...i tell you West Ham won't want to see him go.

alex said:
Micky said:

I think he was only being a little difficult at West Ham when playing second fiddle to that idiot they got on loan from the scouse...i tell you West Ham won't want to see him go.

yeah, i remmeber that, i think he had a clause in his contract that he had to play, mellor wasn't it. and connoly used to be a super-sub and score, but the next game he was back on the bench.

Babylon said:
http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26001

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25830

Interesting read.... West ham fans really rate him by the looks of it!!!

yeah, they think he's better then all their other strikers, lets hope he signes then, if he does i think he will score 20+ goals, so will dublin.

lets sign him, and makin. and then an tackling midfielder, and perhaps another defender/full back.

David Connoly, the stats:

2003/2004

Tournament Team--------------------------Apps---GL-YC-RC
Nationwide Div 1 West Ham-----------------40(2)-12---7---1
FA Cup West Ham-----------------------------4------2---1---0
Carling Cup West Ham-----------------------2------2---0----0
Euro Champ. Qualifying Rep of Ireland-----2------0---0----0
---------------------------------------Total---48(2)-16---8---1

2002/2003

Tournament Team--------------------Apps-GL--YC-RC
Nationwide Div 1 Wimbledon----------28--26---1---0
FA Cup Wimbledon----------------------2---0----0---0
----------------------------------Total---30--26---1---0

2001/2002

Tournament Team-------------------Apps---GL-YC-RC
Nationwide Div 1 Wimbledon---------35----21--4---2
Worthington Cup Wimbledon----------1-----0---0---0
FA Cup Wimbledon---------------------2-----0---0---0
---------------------------------Total---38----21--4---2

I wasnt sure about the guy but the statistics speak for themselves! 63 goals in his last 116 games!

I would be very happy if this is true. Seen him play for Ireland too. Not brilliant international player, although he scored a cracking goal against Turkey (lots of pace and a lovely finish). Can't understand why he doesn't partner Keane in the Ireland set-up. :?

Will be a very good division one striker for us :D...better than Dickov IMO :wink:

SilverFox said:
I would be very happy if this is true. Seen him play for Ireland too. Not brilliant international player, although he scored a cracking goal against Turkey (lots of pace and a lovely finish). Can't understand why he doesn't partner Keane in the Ireland set-up. :?

Will be a very good division one striker for us :D...better than Dickov IMO :wink:

and he trys like dickov, but its not certain he's signed yet, plz sign b4 another club steps in.

Just had an SMS from th club confirming we have agreed a £500k fee and he will arrive for talsk and a medical this week. Shame on all you doubters!!! :lol: :wink:

Yup! just appeared on official site. Bloody good signing IMO. right side of 30, only a nightmare at West Ham because of the whole stuck on the bench thing with Mellor.

And scores goals for a laugh!!!!

Lets just hope their are no last minute hitches.

With DD and him up front.....

Tboy said:
Yup! just appeared on official site. Bloody good signing IMO. right side of 30, only a nightmare at West Ham because of the whole stuck on the bench thing with Mellor.

Fingers crossed on this one, would be a great buy.

rotherhamfox said:
Tboy said:

Fingers crossed on this one, would be a great buy.

Just heard this on five live--£1/2 Million---Personal terms and Medical to agree

I hope this doesnt go pair shaped! Seems strange to announce the deal before we have wrapped up perosnal terms. Could alert other clubs to his availability at what seems a very good price.

DurhamFox said:
I hope this doesnt go pair shaped! Seems strange to announce the deal before we have wrapped up perosnal terms. Could alert other clubs to his availability at what seems a very good price.

i think that he has already has preliminary talks, so its mainly just a medical to pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757