Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he's clearly not wash his hands and sing happy birthday for long enough....

How's he been tested anyway?

Seems quite convenient that it comes out just as Parliament is suspended and also the day after it comes out we turned down an offer from the EU to help procure more ventilators.

He gets tested
Jug ears get tested
Camilla Parker Whore gets tested

Front line NHS staff putting their lives and others at risk. No chance

Matt Hancock now self isolating also with 'mild symptoms'.

Almost as if they are using it as an excuse to avoid any scrutiny at all after shutting parliament and now this the very next day.....

Interestingly Germany have three times as many cases but half the deaths that we do. The virus seems to have infected a lot more of their younger population than older. I wonder if that's pure luck.

Age seems to be an important factor in death rate but I wonder if there are actually varied strains of this disease that we don't know about. Italy has an extremely high fatality rate as does Spain.

My mate in Sweden said the following:
SmartSelect_20200327-151408_WhatsApp.jpg

It's just interesting seeing their approach but I suppose we are a very different country in terms of population size , diversity, incoming tourism and flights etc.

We've still got so much to learn about COVID-19. Now seems to be affecting younger people worse. Though overwhelmingly mild symptoms, you can ne young and healthy it may still affect you badly.

Interestingly Germany have three times as many cases but half the deaths that we do. The virus seems to have infected a lot more of their younger population than older. I wonder if that's pure luck.

Age seems to be an important factor in death rate but I wonder if there are actually varied strains of this disease that we don't know about. Italy has an extremely high fatality rate as does Spain.

My mate in Sweden said the following:
View attachment 15225

It's just interesting seeing their approach but I suppose we are a very different country in terms of population size , diversity, incoming tourism and flights etc.

We've still got so much to learn about COVID-19. Now seems to be affecting younger people worse. Though overwhelmingly mild symptoms, you can ne young and healthy it may still affect you badly.
It’s not that difficult to explain, it’s just more extensive testing.

It’s not that difficult to explain, it’s just more extensive testing.

Extensive testing in that the more tests you do, the more mild infections you find.

Whilst UK cases are officially registered as they get more serious, Germany's figures includes plenty more mild. So our fatality rate may not be too far from Germany's.

It's also quite lucky that only 20% of German cases are in over 60s.

Testing when in isolation in theory isn't as useful when everything isn't locked down. Let's just hope people adhere to quarantine.

Essentially this proves that figures cannot be compared as it's pointless unless you know who's testing what and how much.
Yes. Unless we’re doing the same amount and type of testing, then it’s pointless comparing fatality percentages and infection rates.

Fascinating article here (from the New Yorker) on coronaviruses in general and COVID-19 specifically. I say fascinating, and it is in a scientific sense, but it's also quite frightening. There's too much covered, and of interest, in the article for me to quote any one part.

Last edited:
14381 (Friday 27 March) 14,543
18148 (Saturday 28 March) 17,089
23108 (Sunday 29 March) 19,522
29557 (Monday 30 March) ???

Glad the predictions are still higher than the actuals. Maybe the social restrictions are having an effect.

Glad the predictions are still higher than the actuals. Maybe the social restrictions are having an effect.

It's all completely pointless though.

We aren't testing people unless they are celebrities, politicians or old people.

Yesterday there were 20 flights into the UK from New York, the most heavily infected place in the US. Do you know how many of the tightly packed passengers were tested before they were released to travel all over the country?

It's all completely pointless though.

We aren't testing people unless they are celebrities, politicians or old people.

Yesterday there were 20 flights into the UK from New York, the most heavily infected place in the US. Do you know how many of the tightly packed passengers were tested before they were released to travel all over the country?

Naturally I'd expect them all to be tested and/or placed in fixed quarantine. Is that not the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263