Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Boris invited his police force and military to open fire on his own constituents yet?

have you got thousands of people protesting in the streets about facism in the midst of a pandemic?

It’s ****ing ace here....

Nice to see reporters being arrested and news crews being singled out to be shot at with pepper bullets.... 'cos the press are the enemy of the people you know.

Has Boris invited his police force and military to open fire on his own constituents yet?

have you got thousands of people protesting in the streets about facism in the midst of a pandemic?

It’s ****ing ace here....

I look at the US as third world in many regards.

their country is still very institutionally racist and they have a "leader" whose sole tactic is to divide and anger the racists in his base and too many of their police think the uniform gives then a get out of jail free to act how they like

their country is still very institutionally racist and they have a "leader" whose sole tactic is to divide and anger the racists in his base and too many of their police think the uniform gives then a get out of jail free to act how they like
To be fair, it literally does exactly that almost 100% of the time. Amber Guyger was a pretty extreme anomaly.

Can someone answer a question I've been considering since the start of the lockdown please?

Has the availability of recreational drugs been affected by the restrictions at all?

Can someone answer a question I've been considering since the start of the lockdown please?

Has the availability of recreational drugs been affected by the restrictions at all?
In other news, police have handed out significantly more public urination fines because a lot of public toilets are still closed but people are having days out

Another two weeks of Leicester lockdown, our infection rate is a horrifying 119 per 100,000. I don't know what it is elsewhere, anyone know?

The numbers have been updated now and Leicester’s rate per 100k is down to 104. It has come down by about a third in a couple of weeks, but the reduction had started before lockdown. The closest area to Leicester’s position is Pendle, at 74.

For context, in Germany the threshold for local authorities to take action (it doesn’t have to be lockdown - it depends on the nature of any outbreak) is 50 cases per 100k. Only Leicester and Pendle are above that in England.

Looking a the postcode data, Soulsby is correct that only a small minority of districts are a problem Trouble is, I don’t know how you lockdown parts of a city effectively. Soulsby is correct to argue that earlier access to postcode level data would have given the city a fighting chance of avoiding lockdown, though.

Soulsby has had plenty of data available to him for years about the dreadful sweatshop slavery operating across large sections of the city, and done precisely **** all about it

The man’s a complete twat

I’m not disputing that. But that doesn’t help with the current situation unless you know there’s an outbreak, and the location of said outbreak. Whoever is mayor should have that information available to them and their public health teams.

Soulsby has had plenty of data available to him for years about the dreadful sweatshop slavery operating across large sections of the city, and done precisely **** all about it

The man’s a complete twat

No argument that he's a complete twat & always has been.

But in this case the council has virtually no power to do anything. It's a matter for the DWP & the Home Office. they've been given the info repeatedly & decided to do **** all. I've worked for agencies temping in those places & trust me, dodging inspection is a ****ing art form for the ****s. All the full time staff are basically indentured for life & shit scared to speak up.
Even tried to stiff me for overtime on my last day thinking I wouldn't be arsed to kick up a fuss. They were mistaken. But they didn't have any power over me, they do over their core workforce.

****, I've been in Pendle all week and didn't realise it was a hotspot.

Can’t believe this is your last post.

In all seriousness, whilst higher than anybody would like, that’s fewer than 0.1 in every 100 having it there. And those ‘0.1s’ ought to be at home. You’ll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263