Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this gets more exposure as it is a monumental **** up which will almost certainly result in many deaths. I'm no Excel expert but had I seen that PHE were using a 13 year old version on the software, would have picked this up. https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-54423988

£10bn contract to run the system too.

It really is criminal.

Even more disgusting that they keep calling it NHS Test & Trace when it's not NHS at all.

I see the opposition have called for PHE systems architecture to be made publically available. The "government" said that this wouldn't have helped. Yes it ****ing would have! A diagram showing an
old Excel version that uses the ancient .xls format would have resulted in thousands of IT students calling this out and raised the alarm. It's just so amateurish it really beggers belief!

I see the opposition have called for PHE systems architecture to be made publically available. The "government" said that this wouldn't have helped. Yes it ****ing would have! A diagram showing an
old Excel version that uses the ancient .xls format would have resulted in thousands of IT students calling this out and raised the alarm. It's just so amateurish it really beggers belief!
It wouldn’t have helped them though. You’re making the foolish assumption that this government’s objective is to minimise the spread of the virus. I’m more convinced every day that they’re encouraging spread to be able to blame “the people” for not following rules.

Can’t say I’m having a great week this week. For anyone living alone and working from home, what are you doing to cope with the utter monotony and boredom of it at the moment?
Sorry to be a downer. Just need some new ideas with it being dark early as well now!!

Can’t say I’m having a great week this week. For anyone living alone and working from home, what are you doing to cope with the utter monotony and boredom of it at the moment?
Sorry to be a downer. Just need some new ideas with it being dark early as well now!!
Do you like to cook or bake?

*100 points to me for not saying ‘have a wank’

Spent an hour or more on the phone to one of my work mates today. Got a couple of things going on with my kid. Trying to rearrange the house. Watching Archer again. Decided to start some new books. Also studying for my apprenticeship. Everyday stuff, but more of it.

also antidepressants

No suggestions but I feel your pain. I once worked from home (on contract to a US company) and used to have quite long conversations with the postman... purely because he might well be the only person I spoke to (face-to-face) all day! Yep, working from home alone day after day can do your head in

Fortunately, I did at least have the option of going out. Tbh, all things considered, I preferred working from home to working in an office space. The sometimes-boredom simply a small price to pay. And I don't think I ever needed to resort to masturbation to pass the time either.

Whole of Leicester and Leicestershire to be on Tier 3

Whole of Leicester and Leicestershire to be on Tier 3
Not a surprise really, the numbers are still fairly high in certain parts of the city/county and Tier 3 has previously been imposed on a county-wide basis, rather than a borough-led basis, before this current lockdown, so it's just following that theory.

Spent an hour or more on the phone to one of my work mates today. Got a couple of things going on with my kid. Trying to rearrange the house. Watching Archer again. Decided to start some new books. Also studying for my apprenticeship. Everyday stuff, but more of it.

also antidepressants
I’ve found myself watching South Park from the start, as well as Archer. And the Mandalorian which is class

Yes! Love Bojack Horseman
I’m very late to the party but I’ve recently started on 30 Rock. You’ll love it judging by your other choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757