Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Masks are pointless.
I agree, completely pointless, except if the point is reducing the transmission of Covid-19, and ultimately saving people's lives.
To continue to drag this out and insist on mask wearying, which there is zero proof of any benefit bar the placebo effect, is, frankly stupid.
Couldn't agree more. There is zero proof (other than the plethora of peer reviewed research that proves masks reduce transmission of Covid-19).
It’s unhygienic for a start. Covering your mouth with something that could have germs on. Then having to touch it to adjust it…I feel like I’m more likely to catch something wearing it.
Quick! Get me my violin so we can lament together.

I agree, completely pointless, except if the point is reducing the transmission of Covid-19, and ultimately saving people's lives.

Couldn't agree more. There is zero proof (other than the plethora of peer reviewed research that proves masks reduce transmission of Covid-19).

Quick! Get me my violin so we can lament together.
Sigh.

If they were that useful they’d still be mandatory to wear.

Sigh.

Agreed.

they’re not, because anything lower in quality than PPF2, is a placebo.

Mist wearers of the ‘blue type’ are not worn correctly and are ill fitting.

If people wish to kid themselves that these are of any real use, then they should continue to wear them.

I wonder where the study/evidence is that shows xx% of people who were hospitalised or died had actually worn a mask at all times?

Sigh.

Yep because this government have definitely done what's scientifically best at all steps along the way. They've definitely not acted according to their own self interest or to appease the vocal public.

They still are mandatory in many countries. Maybe they have a scientifically different strain that hates masks.

They still are mandatory in many countries. Maybe they have a scientifically different strain that hates masks.

True, including in countries with escalating cases. Wow they work a treat don’t they?

True, including in countries with escalating cases. Wow they work a treat don’t they?
You mean like the UK? It's a pointless conversation now to be honest. Anybody still arguing that they have no use, or making the strawman argument that they shouldn't be mandatory because they aren't a silver bullet stopping it on their own, has no intention of listening to scientists or facts.

If you genuinely have any interest at all in learning about this rather than just denying everything because you don't want to wash your masks, then this pretty much sums it all up with data and sources.

If you genuinely have any interest at all in learning about this rather than just denying everything because you don't want to wash your masks, then this pretty much sums it all up with data and sources.

If mandatory mask wearing returned I’d suggest a sunflower lanyard but it could cause some very uncomfortable chaffing on their little necks.

Last edited:
Sigh.

They're not mandatory because the Government has failed in its responsibility/lost its bottle.

They're not mandatory because the Government has failed in its responsibility/lost its bottle.
Because Boris Johnson wants to be popular, so he promised us "freedom day", and told us to take responsibility for the spread of the virus. So obviously people are going to do what they want, instead of following the government advice.

The government advice is this:

"We expect and recommend that members of the public continue to wear face coverings in crowded and enclosed spaces where you come into contact with people you don’t normally meet. For example, on public transport."

Because Boris Johnson wants to be popular, so he promised us "freedom day", and told us to take responsibility for the spread of the virus. So obviously people are going to do what they want, instead of following the government advice.

The government advice is this:

"We expect and recommend that members of the public continue to wear face coverings in crowded and enclosed spaces where you come into contact with people you don’t normally meet. For example, on public transport."
This is the same Boris Johnson who has today suggested such wonderful ideas to save the planet as communal toothpaste, reducing the population by feeding people to animals and asking cows to stop burping. Definitely knows what he's on about. https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-worried-cop26-go-22845249

In the concourses yesterday - obviously a very busy part of the football club - little to no masks being worn.

I think they may be unnecessary in a lot of scenarios, but I felt compelled to wear mine particularly with the case numbers rising. In very busy areas it feels responsible to do so.

Edit - not trying to 'mask-brag' just sharing my opinion after experiencing the first properly busy space in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757