Counago free to leave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom W said:
Blake = £3,500 a week.

Counago = £20,000 a week.

£3,500 a week too much. :roll:

I know where youre comming from but most of the players that have signed for us will have taken pay cuts.

He will need to take a big pay cut for whoever he signs for.

I know Blake has hardly set the world alight but dont you think we are going a little OTT, for f**ks sake the guy has only played 3 games give him a chance, we know he is not match fit. If in 3 months he is fit but still playing shite then fair enough but until then dont make rash opinions.

Too mant people had already got it in their mind that Blake and Wilcox were bad buys before they even kicked a ball and now are looking to say I told you so without giving them a chance or realising that current circumstances have not helped - ie Dublin getting sent off after 15 mins and Blake being thrown in when not fit and also Wilcox playing out of position cos Tiatto was suspended. Come on support them after all they do play for us :!:

Keep the Faith said:
I know Blake has hardly set the world alight but dont you think we are going a little OTT, for f**ks sake the guy has only played 3 games give him a chance, we know he is not match fit. If in 3 months he is fit but still playing shite then fair enough but until then dont make rash opinions.

Too mant people had already got it in their mind that Blake and Wilcox were bad buys before they even kicked a ball and now are looking to say I told you so without giving them a chance or realising that current circumstances have not helped - ie Dublin getting sent off after 15 mins and Blake being thrown in when not fit and also Wilcox playing out of position cos Tiatto was suspended. Come on support them after all they do play for us :!:

Well said mate, agree 100% !

I do tend to agree with what your saying there - but IMO no PROFESSIONAL player should let themselfs get into a state where they are unable to play 70 mins in 'The Champoionship'! Blake has to shoulder some of the responsabitlites.

Granted it is a difficult situation with the Dublin sending off - but what can you do? MA is in a hard place in regrads to the striking situation? He could play Benji upfornt - someone who will run and run and look dangerous but often lacks the skill to get that goal or Blake a more experianced player who is less fit will stand about and maybe create a chance or two?

It is MA's infomas 'Experiance' desicion of course. Not that I blame him personally I would of done the same thing. IMO the blame falls soley on Mr Blake for letting himself become unfit!

And now what can he do? If he stays behind for extra training or spends hours on the running machines each night he's nakered when we get to the game - once agian meaning he is NOt match fit!

And whatsmore is even if he is not match fit he should still make some effort! I've seen Ian Marshall run more than Blake did in those last two games!!

mad biker said:
Keep the Faith said:

What a pity we really don't have three months grace so Mr Blake can properly properly prepare for a season that started in August. By all means, if there's a glimmer of potential, give it time to blossom but from what I've seen, if Blake was a horse they'd put him out of his misery.

mad biker said:
Keep the Faith said:

Of course, its possible that Blake may prove a good signing.

However, you would thought that he would have been confident that he would eventually find a club for this season and would have wanted to be as fit as possible to prove himself when the opportunity came along.

Keep the Faith said:

As far as I am concerned, Blake was an appalling buy mainly because he was rubbish at Wolves, is rubbish for Wales and has been rubbish every time I've seen him.

Big reputation, bad attitude and terrible footballer. I really liked the look of Mickey's signings apart from Blake.

I'm not judging him on a couple of games this season. I'm judging him on his career in general. The standard of performance we are seeing is no surprise to me.

I don't think he will get any better when 'fit' either. IMO Benjamin is better than Blake and IMO Benjamin should not even be at this club. He is not good enough by a long stretch.

I would actually take Akinbiyi over both these two at this level.

Where's Mark Blake these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469