Coventry City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tragic, hope someone can come along to buy them out from that hedgefund and sort them out

Yeah I was reading about this the other day and couldn't believe that Sisu are still the owners!

It did make me think though have Spurs confirmed where they will be playing home games next year as I'd much rather see them get chucked out rather than poor old Cov!

Does anyone actually watch them?

I thought they were a rugby club now?

They would be better off moving to a smaller stadium anyway, or relocating, isn’t Wakefield the biggest city without a foobtball ream.?

Emley moved to Wakefield but ended up folding in no time. Tragedy for what had been a very good village football club, Wakefield is very much a rugby town

There’s not much in it, but for the size of the Cov, to only get single figure attendances is pretty poor

I remember going to Filbert St. for years with regular attendances under 10k.

It's dreadful how that club has been ruined.

Sisu now want to groundshare & looking to relocate within the City

Coventry City today provided an update to the EFL Board, as was requested.

The Football Club confirmed to the EFL that it is close to the Head of Terms stage with two groundshare options. Coventry City will now progress to working on finalising terms with the Clubs and Stadiums involved.

While it remains our number one priority to stay, we can confirm that unfortunately the Ricoh Arena is not one of the venues above. At this stage, Wasps continue to choose not to enter into talks with the Football Club while our Owners SISU continue legal action with Coventry City Council.

Regrettably, we therefore have had to make alternative plans to the Ricoh Arena, the stadium that was built for us, to ensure our place in the EFL next season. The groundshare proposals would do that.

This is not an easy situation, and we apologise to supporters that it has reached this stage and for the heartache which has been caused.

Coventry City Football Club and its management team cannot affect the stances of Coventry City Council, Wasps or of our Owners in this situation – what we can do is put in plans to ensure this great Football Club continues to survive despite the impasse that exists, and that is what we will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263