Craig Leveini in parallel universe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ox Fox

His comments on last night:

"I'm looking at the bigger picture and in a game like that when you are in control it needs to be closed out and we shouldn't have lost the goal and I understand the supporters' frustration.

"We are the home team, we had an extra man they expect us to go on and win by four or five and that's just the nature of expectations but in reality that does not always happen."

For Gods sake admit YOU made mistakes Craig. It might mean swallowing your pride but at least people would respect your honesty. Levein is turning into Adams - subborn and blinkered. I think he may find out just how strong the resentment is growing if we lose on Saturday.

FFS. We only wanted wanted to win by one goal you foolish man

If you read all his comments on the OS you can't really argue with them.

Reasons why we drew last night;

1. Dion missed a sitter
2. Rab's dodgy throw
3. Craig's dodgy subs

Understandably people are p1ssed off after last night but we should remember the following.

Watford are 3rd and we were the better side for the majority of the match (same could be said at Vicarage Road). We don't need to improve by much to beat a lot of sides we have faced.

Dickovforengland! said:
If you read all his comments on the OS you can't really argue with them.

Reasons why we drew last night;

1. Dion missed a sitter
2. Rab's dodgy throw
3. Craig's dodgy subs

Understandably people are p1ssed off after last night but we should remember the following.

Watford are 3rd and we were the better side for the majority of the match (same could be said at Vicarage Road). We don't need to improve by much to beat a lot of sides we have faced.

I agree to a point. Last night we were the better team until we got to the last third. Then we had no idea. The amount of times Smith was left open on the left without being passed to was unbearable. And Maybury never ever ever seems to go past the halfway line on the overlap, which is a shock because he never seems to be near his man when the balls comes over!

All I am saying is there is a lot to be pissed off about but Levein definitely needs this season at the least, don't give up yet we don't need to improve by much to start winning. Wesolowski, Hume bagging and/or another striker might be all we need.

Dickovforengland! said:
All I am saying is there is a lot to be pissed off about but Levein definitely needs this season at the least, don't give up yet we don't need to improve by much to start winning. Wesolowski, Hume bagging and/or another striker might be all we need.

But what do you see him changing if he has this season?

He seems adamant that this is his forward line. You can bet if he brings in another striker it will be to alternate with Hume and Hammond alongside MDV.

And even if we get a good striker, the midfield isn't creating enough chances.

I know I'm being a grumpy grouch, but I just cannot see what he will change that will suddenly generate goals?

And now he's even started messing with a relatively solid defence....

beighton155 said:
But what do you see him changing if he has this season?

He seems adamant that this is his forward line. You can bet if he brings in another striker it will be to alternate with Hume and Hammond alongside MDV.

And even if we get a good striker, the midfield isn't creating enough chances.

I know I'm being a grumpy grouch, but I just cannot see what he will change that will suddenly generate goals?

And now he's even started messing with a relatively solid defence....

There was enough chances to score half a dozen last night, ask Dion he fluffed 2 of them with just the keeper to beat. Play the strikers regulary and interchange them all the while will help their understanding and maybe yield some goals.

beighton155 said:
I agree to a point. Last night we were the better team until we got to the last third. Then we had no idea. The amount of times Smith was left open on the left without being passed to was unbearable. And Maybury never ever ever seems to go past the halfway line on the overlap, which is a shock because he never seems to be near his man when the balls comes over!

The reason Myabury can't get forward is Sylla. He knows full well that Sylla won't/can't cover him. As soon as Sylla went off at Burnley Maybury started getting forward again and actually made a couple of half decent crosses. I suspect that he hasn't lost it, it's the team formation/selection/tactics that don't allow him him to play to his strengths.

IMO He's not giving HUme or Hammond enough time, look how long it took MDV to start scoring, Connolly to start scoring, Keep switching between hume and hammond is not the answer. We should find a partnership (Hume and MDV) and stick with it for 6-7 games not switch it every other game.

Ox Fox said:
The reason Myabury can't get forward is Sylla. He knows full well that Sylla won't/can't cover him. As soon as Sylla went off at Burnley Maybury started getting forward again and actually made a couple of half decent crosses. I suspect that he hasn't lost it, it's the team formation/selection/tactics that don't allow him him to play to his strengths.

Good call Ox.How about Stearman Right Back and Maybury Right Wing ?

Last edited:
highland fox said:
Good call Ox.How about Stearman Right Back and Maybury Right Wing ?

Damn right - I think they could interchange very well as Stearman has on occasion showed he likes to go forward as well.

Have you considered that there might be a managerial position coming up at a football club in Glasgow soon?

Ox Fox said:
Damn right - I think they could interchange very well as Stearman has on occasion showed he likes to go forward as well.

Have you considered that there might be a managerial position coming up at a football club in Glasgow soon?

Don't think I'm qualified enough Ox but thanks for 'building me up'.

I dunno what Craig will do, I was not impressed with the subs last night. His policy has clearly been one of bringing in young players and as has been mentioned before sacking a manager after 18 months is short sighted, all the successful ones have been given time. I can't see us getting relegated though. The championship is always very tight because there are a lot of sh1t teams in it! Brighton Cov Sheff Weds Millwall are defintiely worse than us.

We have got good players, if it was me I would play

GK Henderson
LB Gilbert/Tiatto
CB's 2 Paddys
RB Stearman
LM Joe Hamill
CM Hughes
CM Joey replace with Wesolowski when fit
RM Ryan Smith
CF MdV
CF Hume

Subs Hammond (On for MdV), Williams (On for hughes), Nisse, Chambers

I know smith is on the right but he looked good there as well last night and only swapped back because Momo had a sh1t fit. Hamill can put a decent cross and has looked OK I think.

Dickovforengland! said:
I dunno what Craig will do, I was not impressed with the subs last night. His policy has clearly been one of bringing in young players and as has been mentioned before sacking a manager after 18 months is short sighted, all the successful ones have been given time. I can't see us getting relegated though. The championship is always very tight because there are a lot of sh1t teams in it! Brighton Cov Sheff Weds Millwall are defintiely worse than us.

GK Henderson
LB Gilbert/Tiatto
CB's 2 Paddys
RB Stearman
LM Joe Hamill
CM Hughes
RM Ryan Smith
CF MdV
CF Hume

I know smith is on the right but he looked good there as well last night and only swapped back because Momo had a sh1t fit. Hamill can put a decent cross and has looked OK I think.

Do you really think that lazy git Williams could replace anybody in the team. He's got skill but can't be bothered to use it because it means getting stuck in and working for the team. He wants away from what I have heard from the Nott'm grapevine. Still thinks he should be playing in the premiership and is too good for us. No change then from when he was at the TREES.

Last edited:
Dickovforengland! said:

GK Henderson
LB Gilbert/Tiatto
CB's 2 Paddys
RB Stearman
LM Joe Hamill
CM Hughes
RM Ryan Smith
CF MdV
CF Hume

I don't often agree with many people but that I would suggest is a spiffing line up. Only point I would make is give gilbert over tiatto, I think tiatto is unpredicatble and a liability this season. Which is a shame because last season he looked top notch. Who do you replace smith with tho when he goes back?

Dickovforengland! said:

GK Henderson
LB Gilbert/Tiatto
CB's 2 Paddys
RB Stearman
LM Joe Hamill
CM Hughes
RM Ryan Smith
CF MdV
CF Hume

Sorry but Kisnorbo is not good enough to be anywhere in the side.

The decision to make the worst player on the pitch captain was mindblowing.

Douglas
Stearman
McCarthy
Gerrbrand
Johannson
Maybury
Hughes
Gudjonnsson
Smith
Hume
MDV

Simple.;)

highland fox said:
Douglas
Stearman
McCarthy
Gerrbrand
Johannson
Maybury
Hughes
Gudjonnsson
Smith
Hume
MDV

Simple.;)

My only comment is that I don't think that the reportedly fully-fit Hughes is yet capable of more than 20 minutes.

Otherwise, spot on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69