Cricket WC - India v England

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently ###### would treat this as a dead heat seeing as no odds were offered for the tie. The rules for a dead heat are as follows, just depends on what Jeff thinks!

'Dead-Heats
Where two selections Dead-Heat half the stake money is lost and the full odds are paid to the other half. If more than two Dead-Heat the stake is proportioned accordingly.'

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently ###### would treat this as a dead heat seeing as no odds were offered for the tie. The rules for a dead heat are as follows, just depends on what Jeff thinks!

'Dead-Heats
Where two selections Dead-Heat half the stake money is lost and the full odds are paid to the other half. If more than two Dead-Heat the stake is proportioned accordingly.'

Leicityboy staked 2000 on India at 2/5,
Loses 1000
Wins 400 + 1000 stake returned
Jeff to please add 1400 to Leicityboy's account

pds staked 500 on India at 2/5
Loses 250
Wins 100 + 250 stake returned
Jeff to please add 350 to pds's account

glyn staked 500 on India at 2/5
Loses 250
Wins 100 + 250 stake returned
Jeff to please add 350 to glyn's account

foxybru staked 180 on India at 2/5
Loses 90
Wins 36 + 90 stake returned
Jeff to please add 126 to foxybru's account

GazLCFC staked 100 on England at 2/1
Loses 50
Wins 100 + 50 stake returned
Jeff to please add 150 to GazLCFC's account

Last edited by a moderator:

'Dead-Heats

When this situation came up a couple of years ago we settled it by abandoning the event which automatically gives people their stake back. I think we should continue to do that rather than mess about manually adjusting vcash, particularly as this may disadvantage people who have hidden bets.

Last edited:
When this situation came up a couple of years ago we settled it by abandoning the event which automatically gives people their stake back. I think we should continue to do that rather than mess about manually adjusting vcash, particularly as this may disadvantage people who have hidden bets.

Yet one more slap in the face for the downtrodden punter.
:icon_sad:

By giving them their money back even though they didn't pick the winner?

:icon_conf

By giving Gaz less than he deserves.

As Glyn pointed out in the thread I linked to, he didn't get anything back for a real bet with a similar outcome.

He certainly should have done. Betfair's dead heat rules are exactly the same as those of ordinary bookies.

If it was a three horse race and two tied for the win that might make sense. But when there are two teams neither of them should count as a winner.

But neither are they losers.

Anyway it doesn't matter what the bookies say, the precedent was set with vBookie in 2008 and I'm not changing it now.

He who pays the piper...

He certainly should have done. Betfair's dead heat rules are exactly the same as those of ordinary bookies.

But neither are they losers.

He who pays the piper...

Bets are placed on which team will win, not which team won't lose.

Funnily enough though I also laid against India on betfair yesterday. In that situation I had certainly bet *against* India winning and that is what happened, but again only got my stake back.

Had forgotten about that precedent, I was going to suggest we agree that rule for further WC matches anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00