Post Match Crystal Palace 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's tough for the players that have hardly played to come in, they are bound to lack confidence and sharpness, yet we were still the better team.

Iheanacho tried hard, which to be fair hasn't always been the case, but his confidence is non existent, and this is a problem we are going to have with anyone at the moment.

I imagine you'd have also called it ****ing obscene if he'd started, and then put Iheanacho on in his place at half time, with the score 0-0.
No. I would have seen the logic in that. As would anyone else with half a brain. I'd have also seen the logic in Perez starting up front, as would anyone with half a brain. I'd have also seen the logic in at least changing it at HT, as would anyone else with half a brain. I'd have also seen how ****ing stupid it is to play Iheanacho for 70 odd minutes even though he couldn't find his own balls with two hands, as would anyone else with half a brain.

I imagine you'd have also called it ****ing obscene if he'd started, and then put Iheanacho on in his place at half time, with the score 0-0.
Oh, and we almost certainly wouldn't have been 0-0 had Vardy started that game.

It's tough for the players that have hardly played to come in, they are bound to lack confidence and sharpness, yet we were still the better team.

Iheanacho tried hard, which to be fair hasn't always been the case, but his confidence is non existent, and this is a problem we are going to have with anyone at the moment.
It does not matter how hard he tries he simply does not possess the ability, as has been previously stated "you can not polish a turd", he appears brain dead and in that I mean he moves into positions 3 or 4 seconds after he should be moving.

The pass to put Vardy in and the attempted one two with Barnes highlighted just how poor a player he really is. Iheanacho is a championship standard striker and we were sold a pup by Man City if you do not know where to be as an attacker then you will not score goals, and when you are fortunate to be in the right position you must convert your chances, that is what seperates the top 6 from the rest of the league.

It does not matter how hard he tries he simply does not possess the ability, as has been previously stated "you can not polish a turd", he appears brain dead and in that I mean he moves into positions 3 or 4 seconds after he should be moving.

The pass to put Vardy in and the attempted one two with Barnes highlighted just how poor a player he really is. Iheanacho is a championship standard striker and we were sold a pup by Man City if you do not know where to be as an attacker then you will not score goals, and when you are fortunate to be in the right position you must convert your chances, that is what seperates the top 6 from the rest of the league.

Tis the thing like. You can ignore certain players being unable to pick out a 30 yard pass or not do a cool finish/cross if they're great at 1 thing and 1 thing only. A big bastard up top for example wouldn't be expected to be skilful. Nachos appears to have absolutely **** all he's actually good at. Look back to the world cup when he was absolute bobbins and Musa ran the show for them...hopefully some obscure side come in for him.

We've only been in the lead at half time four times this season. Palace have a better first half record than us.
Correct. I'm still suggesting that Vardy would have probably made a better fist of a lot of our forward play today than good old, Nacho.

Tis the thing like. You can ignore certain players being unable to pick out a 30 yard pass or not do a cool finish/cross if they're great at 1 thing and 1 thing only. A big bastard up top for example wouldn't be expected to be skilful. Nachos appears to have absolutely **** all he's actually good at. Look back to the world cup when he was absolute bobbins and Musa ran the show for them...hopefully some obscure side come in for him.
Like Leeds.

Can't see him going to a title challenger tbh. See them against Burnley? Bloody gung ho they were, never left their own half in the second 45 but bloody exciting they were. By eck.
I remember Blackpool doing the same. They were 8th on 25 points at Christmas.... that didn't end well. Fingers crossed Leeds go the same way!

I'm all for giving players chances when I recognise things aren't going their way, when I can see there's confidence lacking, but Nacho is something else again. I just can't see a player in there. He can show a doesn't decent touch, but rarely. For example, his control of the ball from Evans' long diagonal (when he was clearly fouled BTW) was pretty slick. But that stuff is the exception rather than the rule. For the most part, he seems unable to perform even the most basic skills; control a ball, pass it.

Not only is lacking in basics, he seems (as remarked above) not to be thinking. He sometimes even looks baffled to be on a football pitch (I'm baffled he's there too!) as if he doesn't understand what's going on. It sometimes seems he doesn't know where to run or when.

He might be great in training but he's not able to reproduce it come game time. I don't now think we can afford to wait for him to get it together either (if it's there to get together) Time to call time IMHO.

Obviously I've posted all of that in the hope that I'll be proven totally wrong.

Last edited:
The set up was spot on, the initial 45 mins was incredibly dominant, Thomas was excellent again. When Palarse got better we rued the chances missed. Hardest thing in football is to put the thing in the thing. Onwards and upwards.

Precisely.

It's down to the players on the pitch imo. Not Rodgers. The team was good enough to win the game - we could've been several up by half time.

All this talk of Vardy, Youri etc should've started and then been taken off at half time when the game was won is crap. When is a game ever really won at half time? How often have we been 2 or 3 up at the break and comfortable enough to take players off? If we'd planned for that and not been winning, Brendan would be absolutely slated for taking them off.

I think in the course of the season, Brendan made the right call today. It just didn't work out because the players out there didn't get the job done and didn't take their chances.

With Nacho, yes you can argue Brendan should've known he might not take his chances - but he doesn't have much choice unless he never ever gives Vardy a rest.

To be fair, that's 19 points from 8 away games and we've only lost at Liverpool. That must be our best run away from home in the PL ever.

Two games in 48 hours meant that we were always going to make a load of changes. Unfortunately, too many of those that haven't been playing showed us why. With Under and Maddison ruled out through injury, I'm not sure what other options BR had.

Barnes did well. Mendy was tidy. Not really impressed with anyone else today. Perez, Iheanacho and Praet were well below their levels. Choudhury was a waste of a shirt as usual.
**** me I was going to post just this but BN said it. Not much more I can say. The only players that looked like they could cope with this team were the four that were left in from the last game. Sorry but not sure where Castaña was? (injured?), understand Madders and Ünder were injured. I can only mention Harvey as the standout tbh. Though I did think Evans coped with this team better than Spurs or Manure, and Mendy didn't look out of place. BUT how tired am I with seeing us give the Spurs and the Manures a run for their money and then seeing Fulham and Palace give us a run in return. It's just plain frustrating.

Precisely.

It's down to the players on the pitch imo. Not Rodgers. The team was good enough to win the game - we could've been several up by half time.

All this talk of Vardy, Youri etc should've started and then been taken off at half time when the game was won is crap. When is a game ever really won at half time? How often have we been 2 or 3 up at the break and comfortable enough to take players off? If we'd planned for that and not been winning, Brendan would be absolutely slated for taking them off.

I think in the course of the season, Brendan made the right call today. It just didn't work out because the players out there didn't get the job done and didn't take their chances.

With Nacho, yes you can argue Brendan should've known he might not take his chances - but he doesn't have much choice unless he never ever gives Vardy a rest.

I agree other than the last bit. You know Nacho won't take his chances as he's dog turd. We could've stuck Perez up in a position he has played well in for years instead. Or we could've stuck a reserve keeper up there and hoped for the best.

Chelsea and Villa drew. Great results for us, shame we couldn’t capitalise. I was ****ed off earlier but I’ll take blips every few games instead of the complete collapse we chucked in last season. We’re still serious contenders for a CL place.

Absolutely this.

Chelsea and Villa drew. Great results for us, shame we couldn’t capitalise. I was ****ed off earlier but I’ll take blips every few games instead of the complete collapse we chucked in last season. We’re still serious contenders for a CL place.

CL should be the aim this season with both Manure and Chelsea waiting to have an end result to justify killing the messiah. We're obviously struggling to cope with increased game time so hope we'll put all our eggs in 1 or 2 of the available baskets....either go balls deep to win our first FA Cup (would be less great without fans obvs) also qualifying for next year's Toto or drop everything and go for top 4. Reckon top 4 is in reach if we cut out extra games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757