Post Match Crystal Palace 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
CL should be the aim this season with both Manure and Chelsea waiting to have an end result to justifying killing the messiah. We're obviously struggling to cope with increased game time so hope we'll put all our eggs in 1 or 2 of the available baskets....either go balls deep to win our first FA Cup (would be less great without fans obvs) also qualifying for next year's Toto or drop everything and go for top 4. Reckon top 4 is in reach if we cut out extra games.
It seems even more obvious after today that it’s either cup or league. This squad can’t do both. Gray, Hamza and Ian FFS.

Hodgson has said that Ray Lewington went batshit at half time and that had the desired result. How often have we moaned about not having someone respected enough who can dish out the hairdryer treatment?

I had half an eye on the game whilst I baked a birthday cake for my better 50%, and I think it's not all doom and gloom, even though a point was better for them.

Hodgson has said that Ray Lewington went batshit at half time and that had the desired result. How often have we moaned about not having someone respected enough who can dish out the hairdryer treatment?

I had half an eye on the game whilst I baked a birthday cake for my better 50%, and I think it's not all doom and gloom, even though a point was better for them.
What cake did you bake?

Are you Highland Fox?

Resting the players we did will have a greater effect on our season than the two points dropped here.

The fact that we were still the better team makes me believe our squad is stronger than they are getting credit for, and gives me reason for optimism. Our squad players have mostly done superbly this season!

Obviously we are weak in depth for the striker position, but that is a difficult problem to solve, as the last 5 years attempts and the fact we have had to include Slimani in the squad have proven.

I think we are 8th/9th for budget so there is bound to be a weakness somewhere. That we have one weak spot in our 2nd eleven is remarkable for a club our size

Thinking about what a striker closer to Vardy's ability would cost, would you have preferred we buy a striker last summer instead of one or both of Castagne or Fofana?

Absolutely this.
Absolutely not. I explained why.

I said before the game that starting with Iheanacho would be utter madness. It was. A member of the cast from The Only Way is Essex could've seen it was going to be a disaster.

Suspicious.....flabby owl bigging up the work of a flabby owl?

Resting the players we did will have a greater effect on our season than the two points dropped here.

The fact that we were still the better team makes me believe our squad is stronger than they are getting credit for, and gives me reason for optimism. Our squad players have mostly done superbly this season!

Obviously we are weak in depth for the striker position, but that is a difficult problem to solve, as the last 5 years attempts and the fact we have had to include Slimani in the squad have proven.

I think we are 8th/9th for budget so there is bound to be a weakness somewhere. That we have one weak spot in our 2nd eleven is remarkable for a club our size

Thinking about what a striker closer to Vardy's ability would cost, would you have preferred we buy a striker last summer instead of one or both of Castagne or Fofana?
We have more than one weak spot if we are being honest. Okay, we have done really well so far and we can't be too upset about today in all honesty, especially given the Chelsea Villa result but let's not kid ourselves that our squad doesn't need investment.

When Maddison isn't available, we have a lack of creativity. Praet, Choudhury, Mendy - none of these are creative in any way. Okay, we can get away with not having Maddison if Ndidi plays because he at least does try to get the ball moving forward but without them both - sheesh! We look devoid of ideas. Let's take the defence; we still have Morgan on the bench even though he is pretty much finished, and Fuchs who, as much as he has been excellent for the most part when needed, was run into the ground and making errors during his last few games. Amartey was excellent today and hopefully there is an answer there but only if he can keep fit and get rid of some of the stupid errors we have seen from him in the past.

We are absolutely desperate for a striker. We just have no teeth at all without Vardy. We also need a creative midfielder who can change things up when we need to break teams down. Praet just isn't good enough to do this (or much else) as he is inconsistent. Even when he plays well, which is rarely, he only does so for 45 minutes.

We are doing brilliantly and, all in all, Rodgers is performing very well. He has done some excellent things for us and we can all appreciate that. He is, however, not beyond criticism. He got it wrong today. Very wrong. There was no need to set up that way or play Iheanacho through the middle, especially for as long as he persisted with him. These were not choices forced upon him, but choices made. They were bad choices.

Draws are like double decker buses, hey.

Absolutely not. I explained why.

I said before the game that starting with Iheanacho would be utter madness. It was. A member of the cast from The Only Way is Essex could've seen it was going to be a disaster.
Flogging Vardy would have been madness.

Playing Perez up front and flogging Albrighton would have been madness.

The whole “play the first team and then sub them all at half time when we’re 3-0 up” is a crazy argument.

Flogging Vardy would have been madness.

Playing Perez up front and flogging Albrighton would have been madness.

The whole “play the first team and then sub them all at half time when we’re 3-0 up” is a crazy argument.
Losing two points against a piss poor Palace side when they were there for the taking on the back of an appalling run is madness.

Especially when it was avoidable.

Especially when there is a longer period until our next game.

Playing Iheanacho is madness. Playing him for 70 odd ****ing minutes is beyond madness, bordering on the incompetent.

Not one post has said we should have played the whole of the first team at any stage. Not one.

Playing him for 70 odd ****ing minutes is beyond madness, bordering on the incompetent.
This I agree with. The change should have come a whole lot earlier.

I think we got away with one there. When Palace took the lead, I couldn't see a way back.

Two bits of good news: one Harvey Barnes' excellent equaliser AND no one will complain if Vardy misses the next couple of matches having exacerbated his groin injury because, "we should have played him from the start."

I suggested before the game we should of played Perez up front, Gray as wank as he was/is should of played out wide.
Nachos performance yesterday was shambolic but not unexpected as he has hardly had a good 90 minutes since he has been at Leicester.
Isn't there someone in the u23's that deserves a chance, Hirst ?
If Vardy got injured we would drop down the table and our season would be over, we need to find someone that can come in and cover, Chelski probably have a few we could loan that they have forgotten about.

We have more than one weak spot if we are being honest. Okay, we have done really well so far and we can't be too upset about today in all honesty, especially given the Chelsea Villa result but let's not kid ourselves that our squad doesn't need investment.

When Maddison isn't available, we have a lack of creativity. Praet, Choudhury, Mendy - none of these are creative in any way. Okay, we can get away with not having Maddison if Ndidi plays because he at least does try to get the ball moving forward but without them both - sheesh! We look devoid of ideas. Let's take the defence; we still have Morgan on the bench even though he is pretty much finished, and Fuchs who, as much as he has been excellent for the most part when needed, was run into the ground and making errors during his last few games. Amartey was excellent today and hopefully there is an answer there but only if he can keep fit and get rid of some of the stupid errors we have seen from him in the past.

We are absolutely desperate for a striker. We just have no teeth at all without Vardy. We also need a creative midfielder who can change things up when we need to break teams down. Praet just isn't good enough to do this (or much else) as he is inconsistent. Even when he plays well, which is rarely, he only does so for 45 minutes.

We are doing brilliantly and, all in all, Rodgers is performing very well. He has done some excellent things for us and we can all appreciate that. He is, however, not beyond criticism. He got it wrong today. Very wrong. There was no need to set up that way or play Iheanacho through the middle, especially for as long as he persisted with him. These were not choices forced upon him, but choices made. They were bad choices.
Fofana, Amartey, Justin, Fuchs,Thomas, Mendy, Praet, Albrighton are all not first choice, but have all been relied upon more than expected and played well when called upon. Some are even close to being first choice.

We had been without Madison for several games. we have played a lot of the season without Ndidi, Soyunchu, Ricardo and Castagne, and yet we have spent the whole season so far near the top of the table, and won our Europa group. To be able to say that with our budget is incredible! If we had had our first 11 all season and were where we are now we would still say it's fantastic.

I understand that when we drop points everyone goes into meltdown and every player rubbish, Brendan doesn't know what he's doing etc....

But look at the reality, we have no right to expect our squad to have achieved what they have so far, we have no right to expect to have players as good as Vardy or Madison in reserve. Of course we are going to suffer when we have injuries and need to rotate, but if suffering means 2nd in the table and winning our Europa group, then I think I can endure it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757