Post Match Crystal Palace 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fofana, Amartey, Justin, Fuchs,Thomas, Mendy, Praet, Albrighton are all not first choice, but have all been relied upon more than expected and played well when called upon. Some are even close to being first choice.

We had been without Madison for several games. we have played a lot of the season without Ndidi, Soyunchu, Ricardo and Castagne, and yet we have spent the whole season so far near the top of the table, and won our Europa group. To be able to say that with our budget is incredible! If we had had our first 11 all season and were where we are now we would still say it's fantastic.

I understand that when we drop points everyone goes into meltdown and every player rubbish, Brendan doesn't know what he's doing etc....

But look at the reality, we have no right to expect our squad to have achieved what they have so far, we have no right to expect to have players as good as Vardy or Madison in reserve. Of course we are going to suffer when we have injuries and need to rotate, but if suffering means 2nd in the table and winning our Europa group, then I think I can endure it.
I'm not disputing any of that. But we need to strengthen weak areas, not just up front. Our game yesterday is testimony to that. We had no creativity in midfield and no teeth up front. Our squad needs work if we want to be a consistent top 6 side or if we want to venture into the top 4. Without investment, it won't happen.

None of that negates how well we we have done thus far, but we shouldn't kid ourselves about the strength in depth that we have when compared to our closest rivals.

Why just stick with players we’ve loaned out? Why not use other clubs’ players? Sadio Mané? Harry Kane? Sergio Agüero?

What about the create a player thing on FIFA, does that still exist?

What about the dead? Have we got anyone dead available?

Hirst ffs
I can hear the anger in this post. I ****ing love it. :043:

Fofana, Amartey, Justin, Fuchs,Thomas, Mendy, Praet, Albrighton are all not first choice, but have all been relied upon more than expected and played well when called upon. Some are even close to being first choice.

We had been without Madison for several games. we have played a lot of the season without Ndidi, Soyunchu, Ricardo and Castagne, and yet we have spent the whole season so far near the top of the table, and won our Europa group. To be able to say that with our budget is incredible! If we had had our first 11 all season and were where we are now we would still say it's fantastic.

I understand that when we drop points everyone goes into meltdown and every player rubbish, Brendan doesn't know what he's doing etc....

But look at the reality, we have no right to expect our squad to have achieved what they have so far, we have no right to expect to have players as good as Vardy or Madison in reserve. Of course we are going to suffer when we have injuries and need to rotate, but if suffering means 2nd in the table and winning our Europa group, then I think I can endure it.
Good, positive points - but it doesn't stop me feeling disappointed by the Palace result

I'm not disputing any of that. But we need to strengthen weak areas, not just up front. Our game yesterday is testimony to that. We had no creativity in midfield and no teeth up front. Our squad needs work if we want to be a consistent top 6 side or if we want to venture into the top 4. Without investment, it won't happen.

None of that negates how well we we have done thus far, but we shouldn't kid ourselves about the strength in depth that we have when compared to our closest rivals.
I can't see increased investment coming soon. In the summer Brendan wanted 5 players, we got 3, with one of those a loan. Our net transfer spend is currently aroun £0. Next summer we will sell someone again and have to replace them. There should be enough left to strengthen further hopefully.

Building a team on our budget requires patience.

Why just stick with players we’ve loaned out? Why not use other clubs’ players? Sadio Mané? Harry Kane? Sergio Agüero?

What about the create a player thing on FIFA, does that still exist?

What about the dead? Have we got anyone dead available?

Hirst ffs
There’s a scout on his way down to Aldershot right now.

Now the dust has settled, a point away from home having made seven changes was not a bad result. Yes we should have won but you don't always get what you expect in football. Key players were rested and now we have a good break until we play Newcastle. The real disappointment will be if we get anything less than 3 points in that game.

For me, real positives from yesterday were Daniel Amartey who now looks like a strong backup in central defence and the continued development of Luke Thomas. He is technically very gifted and in a couple of seasons (when he has developed physically) I think he'll be knocking on the international stage door.

I can't see increased investment coming soon. In the summer Brendan wanted 5 players, we got 3, with one of those a loan. Our net transfer spend is currently aroun £0. Next summer we will sell someone again and have to replace them. There should be enough left to strengthen further hopefully.

Building a team on our budget requires patience.
Again, I agree. But my point is, kidding ourselves that we have strength in depth doesn't fly. We may not be able to get the investment we need, but we still need it nonetheless, otherwise we can never hope to be a top 4 club or even a consistent top 6 club.

we do have strength in depth just not in every position, only the very top clubs have that and even some of them can't

we do have strength in depth just not in every position, only the very top clubs have that and even some of them can't
Hence my point. And I would argue that our strength in depth isn't as great as some folk think. Granted however, it is better than many other squads in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757