Post Match Crystal Palace 2 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
30% top internationals / 70% championship is what we are at when we don't have Fofana, Evans, Justin, Ndidi, Ricardo in the side.
Vestegaard, Soyuncu, Bertrand, Choudhury, Soumare are not in the same league.
Rodgers needs to find a way like he did last season.
The difference was he had pedigree, winners in reserves to fill the gaps at the start of last season. Morgan, Albrighton and Fuchs knitted together the lower quality/less experienced Thomas, Amartey and Mendy to provide a base for us to grind out results in some key games.
As it stands now we have Vestegaard, Bertrand, Choudhury and Soumare doing the same job and doing it pretty badly - infecting the whole team with the jitters and no confidence to bomb on because the base isn't there.

Brilliant. I look forward to watching Soumare loping around like a ****ing hunchback with sciatica every week.

I dont get the criticism for Soumare. He was a considerable improvement on Choudhury when he came on today. He looked good. For a young guy who's only just come into this league where the pace of the game is faster he is bound to need to adjust, same for Daka. Vestegaard on the other hand is vastly experienced in this league, vastly experienced in general and has played alot in the league that is most similar to the Prem - the Bundesliga - and yet still manages to look like he's just woken up drunk in the middle of a football match...

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers tells Sky Sports: "It is a disappointing result. I think we went in front against the run of play but I thought we always looked a threat and scored two very good goals.

"Throughout the game we didn't look solid defensively in our final 25 yards of the pitch. So that is something that the international break gives us a chance to reflect and assess where we can be better in that aspect of our game.

On how far off Leicester are from last season's defending: "Quite a way if you look at it today as a team that has normally been defensively good.

"But today we had poor positioning in the box and they finished the chances. We can reflect on it over this last month or so and hopefully we can be better when we get back."

On the performance: "We are normally a team that wants to impose our way on the game. It is 4-4-2 when defending and a different shape when you have the ball. With the ball we made too many mistakes, losing possession.

"It has been a tough period this September and the players have dug in, we have clearly got talent in the squad but we need to improve with and without the ball.

"The two guys up front have done their job, pressed the game, pounced on the mistakes. Kelechi [Iheanacho] finishes it really well, takes the keeper by surprise. Then we break out on a counter attack, Harvey [Barnes] makes a great pass and [Jamie] Vardy does what he does."

Going two up in such a way was problematic in that Rodgersnassumed everything was hunky dory at HT. It wasn’t. We had been ****ing dreadful in the first and changes needed making but the score flattered to deceive and so he left it too late. Again.
He always leaves it too late. More other than not when we’ve had a shit first half and/or are losing at the break, he trots out the same 11 and tactics for the second half.

**** same, losing a 2-0 lead to Napoli shouldn’t have happened, but it’s Napoli. Bolloxing up a 2-0 lead with half an hour left to Palace is atrocious. Are we deteriorating prove that 2-0 really is the most dangerous score in football?

And how many ****ing attempts did we have at clearing the ball before their second? Give any team enough chances and they’re going to score a goal.

Also, Barnes needs to be dropped. Don’t know who for and don’t really care.

30% top internationals / 70% championship is what we are at when we don't have Fofana, Evans, Justin, Ndidi, Ricardo in the side.
Vestegaard, Soyuncu, Bertrand, Choudhury, Soumare are not in the same league.
Rodgers needs to find a way like he did last season.
The difference was he had pedigree, winners in reserves to fill the gaps at the start of last season. Morgan, Albrighton and Fuchs knitted together the lower quality/less experienced Thomas, Amartey and Mendy to provide a base for us to grind out results in some key games.
As it stands now we have Vestegaard, Bertrand, Choudhury and Soumare doing the same job and doing it pretty badly - infecting the whole team with the jitters and no confidence to bomb on because the base isn't there.
We’ve looked shit in the games that Ricardo and Ndid have played in this season too.

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers tells Sky Sports: "It is a disappointing result. I think we went in front against the run of play but I thought we always looked a threat and scored two very good goals.

"Throughout the game we didn't look solid defensively in our final 25 yards of the pitch. So that is something that the international break gives us a chance to reflect and assess where we can be better in that aspect of our game.

On how far off Leicester are from last season's defending: "Quite a way if you look at it today as a team that has normally been defensively good.

"But today we had poor positioning in the box and they finished the chances. We can reflect on it over this last month or so and hopefully we can be better when we get back."

On the performance: "We are normally a team that wants to impose our way on the game. It is 4-4-2 when defending and a different shape when you have the ball. With the ball we made too many mistakes, losing possession.

"It has been a tough period this September and the players have dug in, we have clearly got talent in the squad but we need to improve with and without the ball.

"The two guys up front have done their job, pressed the game, pounced on the mistakes. Kelechi [Iheanacho] finishes it really well, takes the keeper by surprise. Then we break out on a counter attack, Harvey [Barnes] makes a great pass and [Jamie] Vardy does what he does."
Can't argue with the synopsis.

I don’t think we can point the finger at anyone in particular. As a collective we were poor today, and have been since the start of the season. There is no high press or hustle to our game, which is a critical component if we are going to be successful this season. It was so obvious today when comparing us to Palace.

I don’t know if this is a fitness issue, low morale or both. Either way, it’s a major worry.

I know I've already made this point but . . .

Five years ago, we'd just won a major trophy, signed a few new players and had a manager we all thought was untouchable. But the team never looked right, never looked fit and never gelled. The manager made odd decisions on formations and substitutions with rotation really not working. Eventually, the confidence just drained out of everyone.

On the 2nd Oct 2016, we drew to take our tally to 8 points from our first 7 matches (W2 D2 L3). Same as this year apart from us playing one day later. That season we also drew 2-2 away to Palace with Vardy putting us two goals up only for Palace to come back and draw.

Five years ago, we'd just won a major trophy, signed a few new players and had a manager we all thought was untouchable. But the team never looked right, never looked fit and never gelled. The manager made odd decisions on formations and substitutions with rotation really not working. Eventually, the confidence just drained out of everyone.

On the 2nd Oct 2016, we drew to take our tally to 8 points from our first 7 matches (W2 D2 L3). Same as this year apart from us playing one day later. That season we also drew 2-2 away to Palace with Vardy putting us two goals up only for Palace to come back and draw.
Chris Davies to the rescue!!

Indeed.
It's strange how quick the wheels fall off after a good time. It's hardto fix an issue like this, no matter who the manager is and what they have done in thier history.

BTW, in the 16/17 season, we finished one place above Stoke (remember them?).

We are complete ****ing pony, lets face it

The back line is a complete shower, the midfield lightweight and bereft of creativity

Front line is Vardy with usually two stumpies. At least he played Nacho and Vardy together today - but I bet the twat puts Nacho on the bench next time out

Barnes is totally ****ed and needs to go away to find himself again.

Relegation scrap at the minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758