Crystal Palace match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2-0 city tomorrow...:038: :eek:

I really hope we can make some noise tomorrow, the atmosphere at Reading was downright depressing.

Leigh said:
I listened to Dion's interview yesterday and it sounded more like he was stabbing Levein in the back, strange how different people can have different interpretations.

Hopefully todays Newspaper reports are correct and Dublin will be gone this month,fail to see who would want him though....MA perhaps:102:

highland fox said:
Hopefully todays Newspaper reports are correct and Dublin will be gone this month,fail to see who would want him though....MA perhaps:102:
I get the impression Levein want to get rid of him before Dion goes for his job. If he does go i cant see anyone other than MA signing him.

Last edited:
I would not be surprised to see Levein dump Dublin, as you have to wonder about Dion's motives, if CL does get shut it may well buy him some time, perhaps Dion has been identified as a "bad apple" with too much influence especially with the younger players.

TBH I felt that the "huddle" prior to kick off was staged by Dublin for his own benefit. I wouldnt be sad to see Dion leave as I think he has now undermined 2 managers and I certainly wouldnt want to see him profit from backstabbing the current manager. I would also like to see Tiatto and Wilcox moved on in the window, as supposed senior pro's the three have been a disappointment and a let down to say the very least.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I would not be surprised to see Levein dump Dublin, as you have to wonder about Dion's motives, if CL does get shut it may well buy him some time, perhaps Dion has been identified as a "bad apple" with too much influence especially with the younger players.

TBH I felt that the "huddle" prior to kick off was staged by Dublin for his own benefit. I wouldnt be sad to see Dion leave as I think he has now undermined 2 managers and I certainly wouldnt want to see him profit from backstabbing the current manager. I would also like to see Tiatto and Wilcox moved on in the window, as supposed senior pro's the three have been a disappointment and a let down to say the very least.
Whilst i agree with the sentiment (and I agree with the players you have said need to leave) I have to say that we do need some older heads in a squad that is mainly made up of 'younger' players. Getting the right mix of age/ability is crucial and may lead to us finding that crucial link that turns a side that is playing well into a winning side.

fcukcov said:
Whilst i agree with the sentiment (and I agree with the players you have said need to leave) I have to say that we do need some older heads in a squad that is mainly made up of 'younger' players. Getting the right mix of age/ability is crucial and may lead to us finding that crucial link that turns a side that is playing well into a winning side.

I agree and what I would like Craig to do is replace these players not with youngsters, but with players in the 27-30 year old age bracket, players with some guts, steel and determination and a bit of know how, we have more than enough potential, but what we need is 2 or 3 players who are experienced enough to have an influence but still young enough to have an impact week in and week out.

Dublins legs are gone and therefore plays 1 in 4 and appears to be a disruptive and negative influence.

Tiatto is a sub most of the time and when he does feature he is a liability.

Wilcox has virtually been non existant.

So you have to question the impact these 3 have actually had and whether Levein was correct in keeping them on in the first place.

Last edited:
Mike Hunt Smells said:
Prediction: Palace 3-0 City.
palace 4/7 favorites tomorrow.:icon_roll
We're fecked really aren't we?:icon_evil

MKFox said:
palace 4/7 favorites tomorrow.:icon_roll
We're fecked really aren't we?:icon_evil
yes

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I agree and what I would like Craig to do is replace these players not with youngsters, but with players in the 27-30 year old age bracket, players with some guts, steel and determination and a bit of know how, we have more than enough potential, but what we need is 2 or 3 players who are experienced enough to have an influence but still young enough to have an impact week in and week out.

Dublins legs are gone and therefore plays 1 in 4 and appears to be a disruptive and negative influence.

Tiatto is a sub most of the time and when he does feature he is a liability.

Wilcox has virtually been non existant.

So you have to question the impact these 3 have actually had and whether Levein was correct in keeping them on in the first place.

James Wesoloski cant be far away from a comeback. And despite his age he seems to get a lot of respect from most of the other players. Very enthusiastic player.

Crazy thought I know, I also know I am not alone in thinking this.

Win today and things look a little rosier. But we won't carry on winning until the end of the season will we. We will slip back into the same old dross and be in trouble come for the last few games.

Lose today and and draw 1 or 2 Levein has to be out and it might be rescued in time for the end of the season.

My preferred option is win today and win a couple more, Levein keeps us up and we replace him at the end of the season. But I don't see it happening.

What is better today for LCFC long term. Win or Lose

Melton Fox said:

Win today and things look a little rosier. But we won't carry on winning until the end of the season will we. We will slip back into the same old dross and be in trouble come for the last few games.

Lose today and and draw 1 or 2 Levein has to be out and it might be rescued in time for the end of the season.

My preferred option is win today and win a couple more, Levein keeps us up and we replace him at the end of the season. But I don't see it happening.

I see what your saying but if he did eep us up then we have no chance of getting a new manager in the summer as he then wouldnt get the sack and he would get an extended contract IMO.

Melton Fox said:

Melton, what is your signature on about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263