Daily travel to Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Nose

Anyone do this journey each day?

I've got a new job there from Sept and I'm not sure whether to go by train or drive? Someone I know who did the journey said the M1 is particularly congested round Derby.

Is there anywhere close to Leicester train station where you can park for free each morning - I'd be there by 7.30am?

Also, is that cut through from the LFE services still open and do the police stop and fine people using it still?

Also, is that cut through from the LFE services still open and do the police stop and fine people using it still?

I use the service station at LFE to get on and off the M1 all the time. As it is a private road the police cannot do anything. All they can do is turn you back. Get on the M1 in the morning going north will not be a problem

Last edited:
Train season ticket prices - I know you didn't ask for them, but I thought you might do later.

7 Days - £43.00

1 Month - £165.20

3 Months - £495.40

6 Months - £990.80

12 Months - £1,720,00

I use the service station at LFE to get on and off the M1 all the time. As it is a private road the police cannot do anything. All they can do is turn you back. Get on the M1 in the morning going north will not be a problem

I'm sure I saw the police stopping people there a while back (LFE end of the road). Where exactly is this road then? (as in from when you turn into the services). It would certainly be a time saver.

Train season ticket prices - I know you didn't ask for them, but I thought you might do later.

7 Days - £43.00

1 Month - £165.20

3 Months - £495.40

6 Months - £990.80

12 Months - £1,720,00

Thanks Boc. I will need to know this but will not be paying as my employer has agreed to cover my travel costs for the first 3 years.

Therefore, my interest is in which method of travellling is most convenient for me, not which is the cheapest.

Thanks Boc. I will need to know this but will not be paying as my employer has agreed to cover my travel costs for the first 3 years.

Therefore, my interest is in which method of travellling is most convenient for me, not which is the cheapest.

get taxis then

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47