New Contract Daniel Amartey signs new deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skitzo

on the Breaking news strap on SSN, Daniel Amartey has signed a new contract until 2022.

He's really improved this year hopefully this injury hasn't set him back too much

I put RL on in the car to catch the sports news to be met with 'and we go straight to (some bloke) who has breaking news from the King Power stadium...'

Only to hear about this

Jebus, what a feckin let down

Pretty funny

Like the guy, he’s a decent player. But how ****ing dumb is it giving him a new deal when he has a bad injury?

Like the guy, he’s a decent player. But how ****ing dumb is it giving him a new deal when he has a bad injury?
I was thinking the exact same. He might not return the player he was, which lets face it wasn’t stupendous anyway.

It’s almost as dumb as giving someone a new deal after 4 games back from a serious injury.

its a broken bone, quite a simple process of recovery, not the same as multiple soft tissue injuries

its a broken bone, quite a simple process of recovery, not the same as multiple soft tissue injuries
Doesn’t mean he will come back the same player as before, a bad break can have as much of a negative psychological impact as the actual break itself.

Doesn’t mean he will come back the same player as before, a bad break can have as much of a negative psychological impact as the actual break itself.
I know all that, I went through something as a kid, I got kneed in the chin in a PE lesson playing in goal and chipped a tooth and I was scared about sliding at fet for months for my sunday team, but in most cases the fist time you do it and come up fine you get over it, same with him, he gets a whack on that ankle it will likely settle him down about it.

He's a squad player that covers 3 positions, if nothing else it makes him a useful player to have on the bench and that's the role he will be coming back to, so unless Rudkin hada brain fart and gave him Vardy, Kasper or Maguire money we're just protecting an asset that had about 18 months to run on his deal

Ah yes, breaking an ankle and chipping a tooth. Practically the same, really.

I got a paper cut once

I'll never open a letter ever again

No wonder I have no gas or electricity in my house

what a shock instead of just having a discussion you pair choose to act like twats, no wonder only about 5 people actually post on here regularly

I know all that, I went through something as a kid, I got kneed in the chin in a PE lesson playing in goal and chipped a tooth and I was scared about sliding at fet for months for my sunday team, but in most cases the fist time you do it and come up fine you get over it, same with him, he gets a whack on that ankle it will likely settle him down about it.

He's a squad player that covers 3 positions, if nothing else it makes him a useful player to have on the bench and that's the role he will be coming back to, so unless Rudkin hada brain fart and gave him Vardy, Kasper or Maguire money we're just protecting an asset that had about 18 months to run on his deal
I get you, he’s young enough to make a full recovery and he’s a very handy player. I still think it would have been prudent to wait, especially seeing as the squad is so bloated.

I get you, he’s young enough to make a full recovery and he’s a very handy player. I still think it would have been prudent to wait, especially seeing as the squad is so bloated.
Amartey isn't apart of squad bloating that's the likes of King, Simpson and Benny on too much money that no one else will pay them

Exactly. It’s not like he was going to be out of contract this summer. Could have waited till the start of next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363