New Contract Danny Drinkwater signs new long-term contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny Drinkwater has become the latest member of the Leicester City squad to sign a new long-term contract with the Foxes.

- Danny Drinkwater signs new contract with Leicester City to 2021
- Drinkwater was a key figure in City’s Premier League title triumph
- England international thanks club staff for helping his development
- Drinkwater joins the likes of Riyad Mahrez, Jamie Vardy and Kasper Schmeichel in signing new deal

Danny, 26, has agreed a deal to 2021 at King Power Stadium, where, over the last four and a half years, he has developed into one of England’s most accomplished central midfield players.

The England international joins the likes of Riyad Mahrez, Jamie Vardy, Kasper Schmeichel, Wes Morgan and Andy King in committing his future to the Premier League champions this summer.

Danny told lcfc.com: “I’ve loved playing for this Club, it’s been perfect for me and my career and I want to be here for a long time to come. I couldn’t be happier.

“I’ve grown a lot as a player and a person in the last four years and Leicester City has been a massive part of that. I owe a lot to the staff here for helping me get to this point – they’ve been quality.

“And I love being part of this team. We’ve been through so much together and I’m sure there’s a lot more to
Signed from Manchester United in January 2012, Danny soon established himself as a mainstay in the City side and has made 177 appearances for the Foxes since. He was the Club’s Player of the Year in the record-breaking promotion season of 2013/14 and played in 35 of 38 games last season, as City defied pre-season odds of 5000/1 to win the Premier League title.

Danny’s contribution to Leicester’s triumph last term saw him called into the England squad for the first time in March, winning his first cap with a man-of-the-match display against Holland before winning two more during England’s preparations for Euro 2016.

Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri said: “Ever since I joined Leicester City, Danny has been one of our most consistent players. He’s a fantastic player and a fantastic man.

“He’s an important player for us and a very popular player in the dressing room. I want him to stay with us for a very long time.”

Great news.

Excellent

Makes all the media outlets jumping on the 'Leicester are in crisis' bandwagon look like the muppets they are.

Excellent

Makes all the media outlets jumping on the 'Leicester are in crisis' bandwagon look like the muppets they are.

I'm waiting for Sky Sports sources to claim it includes a 50p release clause and he's changed his nationality to French. Deadline speculation of an Arsenal move to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757