Confirmed Transfer Danny Ward

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 25-year-old has signed a four-year contract at King Power Stadium and becomes the Foxes’ fourth summer signing after the arrival of attacking midfielder James Maddison, Northern Ireland international defender Jonny Evans and Portuguese full-back Ricardo Pereira.

A Wales international, Ward’s addition will bring plenty of competition to City’s senior goalkeeping ranks as he joins fellow ‘keepers Kasper Schmeichel and Eldin Jakupović in Claude Puel’s squad ahead of the new campaign.

Ward made his senior debut for Wales in 2012 and started in their opening Euro 2016 victory against Slovakia in a squad that, with the help of City star Andy King, would go on the reach the semi-finals of the competition.

Speaking to LCFC TV, Ward said: “I’m delighted to be here and I’m really looking forward to the future with this Football Club. I’ve come here to develop my all-round game and hopefully help deliver some more success. The Club has had that in recent years and hopefully there’s more to come in the future."

Leicester City manager Claude Puel said: “I’m very happy to welcome Danny to Leicester City Football Club. Pre-season preparations have started well for us and with Danny joining the group, it will give us even more competition in the squad, which is crucial for us ahead of what will be another very competitive Premier League campaign.”

Born in Wrexham, Ward started his career at his local club, Wrexham A.F.C., but made his senior debut in a man-of-the-match performance on loan at Tamworth.

Those displays saw Liverpool move for the goalkeeper in January 2012. He developed in their Under-18s and Under-23s sides before being promoted to the Reds’ first team and gaining valuable senior experience on loan to Morecambe and Aberdeen.

He was recalled to Liverpool in 2016 and soon underlined his potential with an impressive debut display in a 2-1 Premier League victory at Bournemouth in April of that year, followed by a further run out in a 3-1 win over Swansea City.

Ward would then join Huddersfield Town on a season-long loan in 2016/17, where he proved to be a key figure - playing 46 times as the Terriers were promoted to the Premier League.

The goalkeeper made crucial saves during Huddersfield’s penalty shootout victory over Sheffield Wednesday in the play-off semi-final and repeated his heroics in the spot-kick win over Reading in the final at Wembley.

Ward, who started for Liverpool at King Power Stadium in last season’s Carabao Cup, has represented Wales at schoolboy, Under-17s, Under-19s, Under-21s and senior international level and is now the third Welsh international in the squad along with King and George Thomas.

Ward will link up with his new team-mates on Monday for the week-long trip to Austria, where they will face games against Turkish side Akhisarspor and Serie A side Udinese as the squad step up their preparations for the 2018/19 season.

We offered Hamer a new contract. He didn't want to stay.

If the reported few is to be believed I can't believe a pay rise for Hamer would have been rejected and beneficial. Replacing shite with expensive shite doesn't make much sense.

I won't decide whether he's shite or not until Homer tells us.

Even if Homer tells us he's shit he is still shite. Can't get a game ahead of Hennessey, Karius or Mingolet. Unless he's been training immensely over the summer he's got to be shit.

If the reported few is to be believed I can't believe a pay rise for Hamer would have been rejected and beneficial. Replacing shite with expensive shite doesn't make much sense.

According to a Scouse friend Danny Ward is superb and he believes he is better than Kasper.

Liverpool have just sold their fourth choice goalkeeper for £12.5m. The world has gone mad.

A signing that will be met with absolutely no excitement, as it just makes us all nervous that Kasper will be off!

Also hard to get excited for a second choice keeper costing £12m too. Weird to think that up to 2 years ago, this would've been our record transfer fee...

So we've signed Stevie Richie from X factor it would seem
15321144449061081292264.png

We've spent £12m on our new 1st choice keeper

Not to worry. £12m is the new £120.000.

if Schmeichel goes for £40 - 50m and Musa goes for £30+ I would wager that we we will see a big big signing or two come in.
We've spent Mahrez money on the signings we've made so far and so wed have about £70m in credit.
if Schmeichel does go to Chelsea or Utd then I think we might see one of theirs come in the opposite direction. I'd take any of Drink water, Barkley, Loftus Cheek, Cahill, Rashford (loan), Smalling or Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757