New Contract Danny Ward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Goalkeeper Danny Ward has signed a new deal with Leicester City Football Club that keeps him at King Power Stadium until at least 2025.

The Wales international signed from Liverpool in the summer of 2018 and has made 14 appearances for the Foxes in all competitions.

The 27-year-old has been at the heart of several key cup victories for the Foxes, including three penalty saves in a shootout win over Wolverhampton Wanderers at Molineux in September 2018.

Speaking to LCFC TV, he said: “It’s a really good feeling [to sign a new contract]. I had a really good feeling the first time around when I signed and, luckily, we’ve been able to grow together as a Club and as a team so I’m really excited for what lies ahead.

“Even in my short time here, you can see in terms of facilities alone, the step up has been incredible. The success we’ve had in the league too, we’ve been on a European adventure as well, so step by step, we’re going in the right direction and, as a player, to be involved in that is really exciting. I can’t wait to see what’s ahead for us.”

Ward began his career in Wales after coming through the Wrexham’s academy and going on to sign for Liverpool in 2012. He then took in several successful loan spells at Morecambe, Aberdeen and finally Huddersfield Town, where he helped the Terriers win promotion to the Premier League with two penalty saves in the Play-Off Final against Reading.

The goalkeeper has also been capped 12 times by Wales at international level – most recently in a 1-0 win over the Czech Republic last month as part of the World Cup Qualification campaign.

Have to agree with BN, can't be much fun training all week and never playing.

Have to agree with BN, can't be much fun training all week and never playing.
You'd have thought so but maybe training is enough for some folk, who knows?

Or maybe his first love is stamp collecting, or civil war battle reenactments (takes all sorts) and football gives him the money to enjoy those things. I mean, it's not like most people aren't doing the same thing with their own jobs. Means to an end.

Maybe I'm outdated but I want competition for places. I want my number one keeper to be on his toes.

In my view, Schmeichel was poor against West Ham for two of the goals and also got away with another bad error. But nobody would ever consider his place to be under challenge because we all know that Ward is shite.

We also need to factor in the fact that Schmeichel isn't getting any younger. He's been largely good this season but this decision has just guaranteed him an easy place for the remainder of his contract.

If Ward thinks he’ll be replacing Schmeichel when he retires, he’s surely mistaken.

He’s garbage.

The lads got the best job in the world. Gets paid to play football but not under any pressure as it's just training. Fair ****s.

Garbage. Christ all mighty. He's an international goalkeeper playing as a backup in the premier league. Go and have a word with yourself. You are too angry.
I can only presume you’ve never seen any of his 14 cup matches with us?

I love it when people use “international” like it automatically means they’re good. Have you seen the Wales squad recently?

I love it when people use “international” like it automatically means they’re good. Have you seen the Wales squad recently?

Hal Robson-Kanu is a premier league player and a Welsh international. Case closed.

I love it when people use the word 'garbage' when talking about professional athletes. It seems that you are the stereotypical fan who makes dramatic statements about players when you've probably never even set foot on a football pitch worthy of mention.

If Schmeichel suffered a long term injury, would he be good enough to take over ?
Not a chance

But is he good enough to sit on the bench in case he gets crocked in a single match
Yeah probably

So does anyone care as lonmg as the Cluib knows this?
No, not really, but we can have a good shout about it anyway

But we need someone who is prepared to do this and a top class keeper wouldn't want to.
Why? Why do we 'need' someone to warm the bench? And if all they need to do is warm the bench and not play... why does it have to be someone who is presumably costing us £30k a week?

Why? Why do we 'need' someone to warm the bench? And if all they need to do is warm the bench and not play... why does it have to be someone who is presumably costing us £30k a week?
If Schmeichel were to get injured
If Schmeichel were to get sent off
If we had a meaningless cup competition to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372