Danny Ward

Micky

He has had absolute pelters but over the past few games he has been very good. He commanded his box today and was good with his distribution. Is he changing anyone elses opinion?

It's good to see he is getting some confidence and consistency. It's important we get the best out of him while he is our number 1. But I still think we need to replace him if we want to compete at the other end of the table again.

He’s had a couple of good games, he didn’t put a foot wrong yesterday.

You could say the same about Daniel Amartey though. I’m not convinced by Ward at all but he’s going to get the full season under his belt so we’ll see then I suppose.

Good run seems to have coincided with the new set piece coach bedding in. Last few games Ward has come to collect a lot more from corners, almost as if he and the other players have been properly coached what to do after 2 years. He's certainly been better overall the last few games, I'm yet to be convinced he's any better than average.

Interesting how this thread is started a day after he just made routine saves and didn’t do anything special because Wolves has zero chances.

He was great yesterday.

Interesting how this thread is started a day after he just made routine saves and didn’t do anything special because Wolves has zero chances.

He was great yesterday.
The thread was made to gauge people's opinions. I thought he was going to be an absolute liability week in week out but fair play to him, he's had several good performances in a row.

He was great yesterday.
No, that’s not what is being said overall. He looked rubbish and shaky for his first few games, for the last three or four he has looked much better and made some good saves.

Does that clear it up?

I think with any sports it takes time for a newly-tweaked team to start working together to the best of its ability. I started playing team sports last year for the first time as an adult and it's such an eye-opener. We have to remember Danny Ward was playing nothing but the odd cup game last season and it was big jump to become a regular starter in the Premier League. Confidence is also such a big factor in sport and the lack of it might explain why things went so wrong with the earlier games this season.

Everyone takes time to settle into a team and, despite having been here for ages, this is the first time he's had the chance to. The best defences also play as units, so it must have helped (Evans/Amarty aside) that there's a bit more continuity in front of him, but Ward has dramatically improved recently.

I think with any sports it takes time for a newly-tweaked team to start working together to the best of its ability. I started playing team sports last year for the first time as an adult and it's such an eye-opener. We have to remember Danny Ward was playing nothing but the odd cup game last season and it was big jump to become a regular starter in the Premier League. Confidence is also such a big factor in sport and the lack of it might explain why things went so wrong with the earlier games this season.
Also he was injured during preseason

He has had absolute pelters but over the past few games he has been very good. He commanded his box today and was good with his distribution. Is he changing anyone elses opinion?
Yes. Absolutely. Anyone who can’t see how he has improved and how he is a BIG part of our defensive improvement, is willfully blind to what they see on the pitch.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854