Danny Ward

Conceded one goal in the last five games!
Since the Forest game we’ve got 7 clean sheets in 9 including the cup, with only the KDB goal and the calamity ten minutes against Bournemouth. That’s just amazing

He's making us eat our words.

The world has gone stark staring mad. Who'd a thunk it? PL clean sheets this season:

View attachment 17306
So BR was right after all - we did have two No. 1's?
Danny's grown in confidence in the last few games - and made some excellent saves. And now - we don't have to look away every time the opposition (apart from KDB) gets a set piece.
Keep it up, Danny!

Ouch

One of the things generally overlooked in the Great Escape season was Kasper's lengthy injury, when we had Ben Hamer and then an ancient Mark Schwarzer in goal. As I recall, his return to the team pretty much marked the improvement in results.

Let's hope that Iversen has the same impact.

And I recall quite a few numpties saying Hamer should be our number 1 after the ball hit him in the face at Stoke.

Kasper was undervalued here imo and this season has shown how much he was worth.

And I recall quite a few numpties saying Hamer should be our number 1 after the ball hit him in the face at Stoke.

Kasper was undervalued here imo and this season has shown how much he was worth.
Yeah, our defending at set pieces was top notch last season, wasn’t it?
Kasper was brilliant for us, but it was time for him to move on

Schmeichel was a major cause of our problem at defending set-pieces. The fact that he was replaced by Ward has made people willfully forget that.

In terms of our goalkeeping situation, this season hasn’t proved Kasper’s worth but it certainly has proved that Ward is absolutely not good enough.

Schmeichel was a major cause of our problem at defending set-pieces. The fact that he was replaced by Ward has made people willfully forget that.

In terms of our goalkeeping situation, this season hasn’t proved Kasper’s worth but it certainly has proved that Ward is absolutely not good enough.
That fact that he was replaced by Ward shows what a bonkers decision it was.

It's not just his goalkeeping ability that was lost though.

With Ward in goal, we may as well just put a wet lettuce there.

Ouch

Fantastic article thanks for sharing.

I think I've heard this guy speaking LCFC before on RL and I found myself heartily agreeing with every word he said.

Put this fella in charge of the FT and we might start to get somewhere.

Surely the fact we weren't able to bring in a keeper better than Kasper shows Kasper's worth?

Yes he was on the decline - but whichever way you want to spin it, we'd have been a much better side this year with him in the team.

Our defending at set pieces was bad - but nowhere near as bad from open play as we are now. Because Kasper had more command over his backline than Ward does, but probably more importantly, I think they had more faith in the man behind them.

You worry about Ward anytime the opposition is lining up for a shot from anywhere on the pitch - you'd never say that about Kasper.

Kasper, at times, was one of the best keepers in the world. Playing for us!
Obviously we couldnt be lucky enough with his replacement, Ward is never going to be Kasper, not many keepers anywhere could be as good as him.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4363
10Preston 4363