David Haye calls it a day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much talk, not enough fight. Good at selling box office fights, but not very good at actually fighting a decent opponent.

Lost all respect for him when he took the fight against fraudly harrisson. That was just a joke.

Lost all respect for him when he took the fight against fraudly harrisson. That was just a joke.

I'm still waiting for my tenner back. I wrote to both "fighters" and Sky pointing out that their use of the terms "boxing" and "fight" must have surely contravened the Sale of Goods Act that night.

I've seen nastier scraps between 6yr olds.

I'm still waiting for my tenner back. I wrote to both "fighters" and Sky pointing out that their use of the terms "boxing" and "fight" must have surely contravened the Sale of Goods Act that night.

I've seen nastier scraps between 6yr olds.

I agree.
I have felt cheated by Boxing PPV too many times and am now unwilling to pay.
For the Haye-Klitschko fight I watched it the next morning on You Tube with an Italian commentary.

The annoying thing is that I feel the Klitschko brothers are vulnerable to a smaller heavyweight with the right tactics. They do not have the devastating offence of Liston or Foreman at their peak. I feel sure that an early Tyson or Holyfield would have beaten them but the smaller fighter needs to carry the fight to them.

Most serious fight fans these days watch UFC. Boxing is rapidly becoming an extension of WWE. Pretty boys dancing in a ring for stoopid money.

Most serious fight fans these days watch UFC. Boxing is rapidly becoming an extension of WWE. Pretty boys dancing in a ring for stoopid money.

Unlicensed boxing is also getting popular and guarantees a good scrap

What little I have seen of MMA has been good. The fights have been well matched and I feel it could permanently take over from boxing. At the moment what it lacks is a history - Jack Johnson fighting the colour bar, Jack Dempseys fantastic battles, the up and coming Marciano beating the grand old champion Joe Louis, the upset when the loud mouthed kid beat the "unbeatable" Sonny Liston, the drama of the Ali-Foreman Rumble In The Jungle.

Of course MMA may well get itself a great history but this takes time and cannot be rushed.

What little I have seen of MMA has been good. The fights have been well matched and I feel it could permanently take over from boxing. At the moment what it lacks is a history - Jack Johnson fighting the colour bar, Jack Dempseys fantastic battles, the up and coming Marciano beating the grand old champion Joe Louis, the upset when the loud mouthed kid beat the "unbeatable" Sonny Liston, the drama of the Ali-Foreman Rumble In The Jungle.

Of course MMA may well get itself a great history but this takes time and cannot be rushed.

Nonsense. Do you really think there are many people that could give a flying **** about the history of anything?

"I believe he is looking at a movie career and he's a good looking lad. He will not go down as one of the all time greats and he was never really big enough to be a heavyweight.

David Haye an actor. hhmmmm

Well perhaps if they are looking at doing Rocky IX or whatever we are up to he might get a part. Perhaps he thinks he will get the type of films The Rock got when he first started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669