Davies - We are speaking to top Strikers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig

Leicester City's Chief Executive Tim Davies today issued a rallying call to supporters ahead of this Sunday's season ticket renewal deadline.

Over 8,000 Foxes fans have already secured their seats for the upcoming Division One campaign at the Walkers Stadium.

Davis painted a positive picture from behind the scenes of the club - and assured supporters that several new players would be joining City before pre-season training begins on June 28.

And now he is urging fans to snap up their seats ahead of the Sunday's cut-off point to free up more funds for team building.

He said: “We are doing quite well on the season ticket front. On Thursday we sold over 900 which almost takes us up to 8,500.

“It has been a difficult period for the fans and we understand that. The only news that is coming out of the club at the moment has been negative - players leaving and relegation.

“But from my viewpoint I can see the bright side of things. We are currently talking to several players with the view to bringing them to the Walkers Stadium. We cannot rush this process and we are aware that the season ticket renewal deadline this Sunday.

“But I can guarantee that there will be new players in when Micky and his squad return for pre-season training on June 28 - and good new players.

“Micky has got a reasonable budget to go forward in Division One. We found out the impact of having the lowest cost base in the Premiership and we know where that left us last season. That situation will be the opposite way round this year. That doesn’t guarantee success but it certainly has an impact on that.

“We need to gather behind the team. I know that the fans hear this a lot but now is a critical time to realise that there will be players coming in and we are going to have a good squad next year to keep going forward.

“I think that the situation is brighter than everyone is saying. We have got two great goalkeepers in Ian Walker and Danny Coyne, we have got Peter Canero, Nikos Dabizas, Matt Heath and Jordan Stewart to name a few. We are speaking to some top strikers and top midfielders to come in and I think the fans just need to be aware of that.

“I can’t tell you who is going to be playing for us next season because we wouldn’t want to give away our negotiations. All I can say is negotiations are happening. You cannot predict the timing in these and you have to wait until the right player comes along. But I am positive that we are looking at having a very effective team in Division One next season. With Micky guiding us we have got to have a great chance of promotion.

“There is a huge chance for fans to make a difference. The more season tickets we sell the better team we will have. The fans have been asked to do an awful lot, certainly during the time I have been with the club, and they have been absolutely fantastic.

“So I am loathed to put pressure on fans but we need them yet again.

“It has been a difficult time for the club and we are all fairly punch drunk, but now it is time to look forward. It is actually a very positive time. We will be fighting for promotion.

“There is no panic within the club at the moment.

“We will get the players in but that will not happen ahead of the season ticket deadline on Sunday. There is no point in us going out to sign players that Micky isn’t happy about just because it is before June 13. We need to get the right players at the right time.

“Yes, we have lost some players. But the positive way to look at that is we got a transfer fee and it frees up their wages to allow new players to come in. We have to replace those players and we aren’t going to go into the season without a full squad. All that money is available to Micky.

“We want players who are committed to the club.

“A lot has been said in the press about Ben Thatcher. I understand he is on holiday at the moment so I don’t think anything will be done while he is away.

”If he wants to play Premiership football I guess he will go there, otherwise he is very very happy here.

“As Micky has stated Dion Dublin is one of the players who we have been looking at. But contracts talks take time.

“We have to remain positive. Players are going to come in and we are going to have a great season. Let’s get behind Micky and the team.”

Ooooooooooooooooooooh

Very interesting how he named the back four as if they're virtually gonna be the first choices... no mention of Matty either.

Hmmm - no new signings before Sunday then.

Why is there a 'Season Ticket renewal cut-off date' anyway ?

Dion Dublin :roll:

Davies obviously getting desperate then. 8500 isn't exactly a good number is it?

well if we sold 900 on thursday, thats 2,700 more that will be sold by sunday which brings us up to over 10,000... and the numbers renewing will increase each day... we'll be fine

Craig said:
well if we sold 900 on thursday, thats 2,700 more that will be sold by sunday which brings us up to over 10,000... and the numbers renewing will increase each day... we'll be fine

10k isn't alright though, 12k wouldn't be alright. Last season in the Prem we got roughly 10k non-ST holders each match. With high match-day ticket prices and a drop in division we'll probably get about 5-7k non-ST holders, with an optimistic 12k ST holders that would make our crowds a massive 17-19k.

Yes but in the Nationwide last time, we only had 14,000 season ticket holders... remember, those that don't renew, will still come to matches too, we're not losing fans.. wer'e just losing season ticket holders, theyl still come to matches :wink:

Well even though he says season tickets are going well clearly the club don't think so or they wouldn't give out this 'rallying call'.

I don't believe anything in that article because the only purpose of it is to get us to renew our season tickets, I mean ''top'' players is a very loose term.

Craig said:
Yes but in the Nationwide last time, we only had 14,000 season ticket holders... remember, those that don't renew, will still come to matches too, we're not losing fans.. wer'e just losing season ticket holders, theyl still come to matches :wink:

At those prices I'm not so sure. You have to remember that we were winning lots of home games last season. If we can win lots this season then maybe the sales will be ok but if not then we're talking 17,000 gates unfortunately.

I'm a bit of a fly by night fan - can take it or leave it to he honest - but with fewer sell outs next season I'm going to be taking the son to a few matches. So I'm well up for low season ticket sales.

:wink:

Craig said:

I can't see a large number of fans paying over £30 to watch Division 1 games.....

Joe_Fox said:
Craig said:

At those prices I'm not so sure. You have to remember that we were winning lots of home games last season. If we can win lots this season then maybe the sales will be ok but if not then we're talking 17,000 gates unfortunately.

And then Scowy says:

Scowcroft said:
Craig said:

I can't see a large number of fans paying over £30 to watch Division 1 games.....

Have a word Scowy, you keep repeating me, repeating me.

Joe_Fox said:
Joe_Fox said:
Craig said:

And then Scowy says:

Scowcroft said:
Craig said:

Have a word Scowy, you keep repeating me, repeating me.

I highlighted the price though. :wink:

Wellard said:
I'm a bit of a fly by night fan - can take it or leave it to he honest - but with fewer sell outs next season I'm going to be taking the son to a few matches. So I'm well up for low season ticket sales.

:wink:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

How old's your oldest now weel? Is he still drawing on your car with stones? Litten Tree on sunday for the football? Come on mate it will be splendid, i'll do a klinsmann in regent street after the match

BOOOOM! That's what the net will be like on Sunday, Owen double, 2-1 thanks.

Eh up Malfy meowd. Mieow!

Glug Glug more like :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861