DICKOV OFFERED NEW CONTRACT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig

Dunno if its been posted, butttttt....

Paul Dickov has been offered a new contract as part of Leicester City's bid to keep him at the Walkers Stadium to spearhead an instant return to the Premiership.

Manager Micky Adams said the Foxes are doing 'everything possible' to persuade the 31-year-old striker to stay.

City's Scottish international has flown off on holiday to think over his future after meeting with Adams earlier this week.

And he has promised Adams that he will not make any decision on his future without first sitting down again with the City boss.

Dickov has met with several Premiership clubs who have expressed an interest in his services in the past two weeks.

Adams said: "We are doing everything possible to keep Paul here at the Walkers.

"I met with him on Thrusday afternoon and we had a good chat. I have emphasised to Paul how much we want him to stay and I have offered him a new contract.

"It is a very big decision for Paul to make because we know several other Premiership clubs have been in for him.

"Paul has said that he will think over his future while he is away but he has not ruled out staying with us and we are still in there fighting.

"Ultimately, if we are not successful in keeping Paul it will not be for the lack of trying.

"Paul has been an integral part of the club for two years. He's popular with the fans and popular with everyone connected with the club.

"We accept we cannot offer Paul Premiership football next season but if he looks at the bigger picture then I think the benefits of staying with us outweigh any decision to move on.

"I have an agreement with Paul that he will not make any final decision until after he sits down with me and we shall resume our talks when he comes back off holiday."

Let's hear no more of this for another couple of weeks then :!: :wink:

Blowski_Blue said:
anyone got any idea what the new contract offer will involve?

I would imagine a pay rise. :roll:

How would anyone know the specifics of the contract offered on this forum, unless you're Dave 'release clause' Basset, or Micky Adams.

iv no idea but people usually have their opinions on such matters. I'm sure alot of forum users have no idea about some of the players they wish Micky to sign but still give their opinions on them.

Do you know what Dickov is currently on?

Blowski_Blue said:
iv no idea but people usually have their opinions on such matters. I'm sure alot of forum users have no idea about some of the players they wish Micky to sign but still give their opinions on them.

Do you know what Dickov is currently on?

Yes, but discussing players is much different to contracts. We haven't got a clue what other clauses or conditions are in those contracts Basset/Micky offers.....

Dickov is on about 10k apparently. Would be reduced though with relegation.......

to be honest all I wanted to know was what pay he would be on, or if anyone had any ideas of what could go in his contract.

I rekon that he will get a premiership return bonus, same wage a last year and free pies at half time. :p

They'll raise his wages by 20k and then release a new shirt to commemorate Dickov's third anniversary at the club to gain the money back :roll:

Hopefully, he doesnt bugger off, and at least we have tried to keep him. It shows that we want him. If he can score 14 goals in the Premiership than I am sure he can score 20+ in the 1st division

Dickov's new contract will probably just remove his wage decrease from relegation, so he'll be on £10k a week. He deserves it, nuff said. Let's buy

Stay in the 1st division for the same money, or move to the best league in the world for more money (albeit you'll be on the bench for a fair bit of it)

Tough choice

homer said:
Stay in the 1st division for the same money, or move to the best league in the world for more money (albeit you'll be on the bench for a fair bit of it)

Tough choice

Div 1 every time :lol: :lol:

He'll go to Blackburn, unless 'Boro offer him silly wages. ****ing tragedy, what a cvnt.

homer said:

Tough choice

Well, it is if he isn't guaranteed first team football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757