Dickov vs Bent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

The upside of Dickov leaving (If he does that is!) is that we could use his wages to keep Bent!

If you look at it sensibly if we simply give bent the wages he wants to ensure he stays at the club, now that Ipswich are not being promoted they will almost certainly let us have bent on a free. After all they offered us this last year but we couldnt afford to take that gamble back then.
His real value as a player is probably 1-2 million so it would be good business.
Dickov is 32 and probably has 2 seasons left in him and Bent is 26 and has his best years ahead of him. Dickov is a hard working player who will always give everything but Bent is more naturally talented and has improved this year no end.

My money would be to put out weight behind Bent and resign ourselves to losing Dickov.

With Elliot/Heath and Thatcher at the back (Maybe bring in Bublin as well) and Bent and ferdy up front we need to focus in on building a strong midfield. I think that maybe gillespie could prive us wrong in the 1st division after all he is playing or his career now thats hes on FT.

Things could be good for next season and a promotion place is not out of the question!

I think we have to be realistic, there is absolutely NO chance of us keeping Bent whatsoever.

He was on another level to all our other players this season, with the exception of Muzzy. Muzzy & Bent were absolute class all year, we were lucky to have them - and if clubs are taking players like Dickov & Scimeca for a small fee, why the **** aren't they going to be taking absolute quality players like Bent for nothing from Ipswich?

We'll see what happens, it's far too early to tell what our squad will look like. Also, with Euro 2004 taking place, many managers will not dabble in transfers until it has finished so that they do not, in hindsight, sign a player with a broken leg. Players from around europe will put themselves in the international shop window this summer. Watch out for plenty of Latvians in Leicester next season.

To be honest I will be surprised to see Marcus Bent at the Walkers next term, I think Charlton/Fulham or one of the promoted sides will try and nab him - shame that; quality player.

Tom W said:
I think we have to be realistic, there is absolutely NO chance of us keeping Bent whatsoever.

He was on another level to all our other players this season, with the exception of Muzzy. Muzzy & Bent were absolute class all year, we were lucky to have them - and if clubs are taking players like Dickov & Scimeca for a small fee, why the **** aren't they going to be taking absolute quality players like Bent for nothing from Ipswich?

Add Sir Les to that list, he has been class for us.

The reason why perhaps some clubs won't go for Bent is possibly because of this lazy and unmotivated tag he has attached to him. Although I haven't witnessed much of that for us, there are times when he doesn't seem interested if things don't go our way. Secondly, Bent has never been a settler - I don't know how many clubs he's had, but he's never really settled anywhere. This may put clubs off because he doesn't seem to be the loyal or commited type.

He certainly has the quality, but managers look for more than just quality.......

Although, it would surprise me if he went to Charlton, as alex said, or one of the promoted sides.

Scowcroft said:
Tom W said:

The reason why perhaps some clubs won't go for Bent is possibly because of this lazy and unmotivated tag he has attached to him. Although I haven't witnessed much of that for us, there are times when he doesn't seem interested if things don't go our way. Secondly, Bent has never been a settler - I don't know how many clubs he's had, but he's never really settled anywhere. This may put clubs off because he doesn't seem to be the loyal or commited type.

He certainly has the quality, but managers look for more than just quality.......

Although, it would surprise me if he went to Charlton, as alex said, or one of the promoted sides.

More clubs than an Arctic seal.

Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Tom W said:

More clubs than an Arctic seal.

That would be seven then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861