Did we have a good transfer window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Nose

On the one hand, I'm disappointed as we're two strong signings away from a side that could really upset the big boys. Best case scenario is going to be 7th.

On the other hand, at least we're not Newcastle. Out go Benitez and Rondon, in come Bruce and Carroll. Jesus.

Man City have added two quality starters. Liverpool nothing but didn't need to. Spurs have spent but their full backs are shit and I'm not convinced by their dealings. Chelsea have been fortunate in not allowing FL to chuck a fortune away on total shit. Man Utd have allowed OGS to sign a load of shit - Maguire is an upgrade but it's pissing in the wind. Arsenal have had a blinder of a window. Top four for them I reckon.

The best of the next level are Everton who have been smart. I think they could easily break the top six. Watford are also stronger. West Ham will flatter to deceive as usual. Southampton will be stronger and Wolves less than last year but solid.

The rest are total garbage.

I’m happy overall, but a bit concerned about the lack of replacement for Maguire. Let’s hope Soyuncu and Benkovic step up to the plate.

I have a feeling they’ll be plenty of goals each end of the pitch in our games.

In the end I like the fact that we have not panicked into buying a central defender for mega money. To me that says Brendan is happy with Caglar and Filip and that is good enough for me.

In terms of a starting eleven I think we are right up there.

Also, I disagree with Brown Nose, I think Everton will be bobbins and Wolves and Watford strong.

A significant injury to either Vardy or Evans and we are fecked

A significant injury to either Vardy or Evans and we are fecked

Not convinced on this. Perez showed good finishing in the Atalanta friendly - one example I accept - and I think he would be able to step in for a period just like Gallagher did with Frytt (appreciate the difference)

He has reached double figures in a horrifically defensive and generally bobbins Newcastle side.

Not convinced on this. Perez showed good finishing in the Atalanta friendly - one example I accept - and I think he would be able to step in for a period just like Gallagher did with Frytt (appreciate the difference)

He has reached double figures in a horrifically defensive and generally bobbins Newcastle side.
I am not saying he is as good as Jamie Vardy, but we are in a position where we actually have other goals in the team.

I think it's been the best window for a long time. Tielemens in with Perez, a proven PL goalscorer, Praet who, by all accounts in Italy is an exceptional player and Justin who seems to be a very good buy for the future. Okay, I think we are a little daft for not buying a CB and I have a horrible feeling that we will be desperate for one come January. I also think we could have done with a striker but, on the whole, compared to the last few windows, this has been a very pleasing one.

An exceptional window.

Unfortunate to lose Maguire but I guess if we had valued him at £80 million and told Harry this was our figure and some sort of gentleman’s agreement was in place we didn’t really have any other option but to sell.

Going back on this agreement would send a poor message to any potential or current players.

Tielemans was a vital signing for us and we got our man.

Perez will carry some of the burden on goals away from Vardy and I predict they will score ~35 goals between them.

James is an exceptional talent and will come through into the team in the latter half of the season having been coached and mentored well.

Praet is unknown to me but he’s an international and obviously the connection with Tielemans has helped this signing materialise.

The lad from OH is also very highly rated and will do well.

If we can get something out of Nacho and Gray it will be like two new signings.

I can’t bloody wait to see this team perform.

Good window looking back in it's entirety... but the period after Maguire's departure through to deadline was an extremely disappointing damp squib.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757